James DEVOE/DEYOE death

Transcriber (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2005 10:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DEVOE, DEYOE
Omro Weekly Journal - Omro, Wisconsin
January 10, 1878

WAUKAU
One of the old settlers of Waukau, Mr. James DeVoe, passed away last Saturday. His funeral was attended by his many friends Monday, the Rev. Jenne conducting the services.

Re: James DEVOE/DEYOE death

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe James Esther
I realize this is an old post, but am wondering if this is the same James Deyoe as I have here. Birth 1803 in Hillsdale, Columbia, New York, USA
Death Jan 5, 1873 in Waukau, Winnebago, Wisconsin, USA , I have the date of 1873 as the death date, versus 1878. In the Waukau, WI cemetery, there is his name, presumably as James on a small stone.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe Mallory
Who are the parents of James Deyoe who came from Columbia County and died in Winnebago County? 1803-1878.
What is the wedding date of James Deyoe & Esther Ann Mallory?

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 1:18PM GMT
"Peter R Deyoe, born Jun 1832, New York; father: James Deyoe; mother: Esther Mallory, New York" [Winnebago County, Wisconsin Deaths Vol 6, pg 1883; Peter R Deyoe]
I recently researched this family at the courthouse and found Peter R Deyoe's death certificate showing contradiction to an Ancestry tree showing William P Deyoe and Agnes S Becker as parents. This is an extension of a branch in my tree--I'm not a direct decedent.
I will check records more next week and advise. Keep in touch. Keith, Neenah, WI

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe James & Peter
Hi Keith! WOW, NOT AGAIN! Oh, my gosh, you have no idea how I have tried to figure out WILLIAM P DEYOE and his spouse Agnes S. Becker, along with his other two wives and children! Ugh! Very confusing, and not just my research! His name keeps coming up! I do believe that the information of James Deyoe of 1803 along with Esther Ann Mallory of 1810 are his parents, as Peter R. Deyoe born 1832 and passing 1899 is their son, but not 100% sure, just the same. I do have a fair amount of research, but more time than anything invested in the maze of Deyoes! Please, keep me in the loop! I do have a few ideas, of why this confusion comes up... One thing I feel that may cause some of the confusion is that the James and Peter seem to alternate each generation for one thing! Also, I believe that James of 1803, well, I believe his grandfather also settled in the Waukau area after the death of his spouse/which I have as 1850. I am quite confident that James 1803 is the grandson of James Deyoe & Margaret Tripp, as he is mentioned in the will of James of Ghent/in the Beekman files. Peter, William, Thankful, and so on are the children(aunts/uncles/fathers of James 1803, is how I have it) not saying it is completely accurate either! Not sure if this makes sense to you, but very excited that you can get to the records and see some of the documents! Pat

Re: James DEVOE/DEYOE death and Peter

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe Peter & James- Jacobus, Esther Mallory, Margaret Tripp
Do you, or anyone have the death announcement of Peter Deyoe, father of James Deyoe/Deyo? I have found several documents, and hand written records to state that Peter Deyoe came to Winnebago County, after the death of his wife, which was in about 1850. With the death of his wife(who is unknown), he had at least one child named James(1803-1878) who married Esther Ann Mallory, and resided in Winnebago County, after obtaining land in about 1850, to build on. Peter is said to have lived with James until his death in Wisconsin, after leaving New York. Peter is the son of Jacobus Deyo/Deyoe 1754 & Margaret Tripp 1755 living in Dutchess Ghent Columbia Counties of New York. I am looking to find records indicating residence, birth of family members, property purchases, death certificates, marrriage license information, or others on these individuals. Please email me or reply to this thread or the others. turtles3kids3@yahoo.com Thank you, Pat

Re: James DEVOE/DEYOE death and Peter

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe Peter & James- Jacobus, Esther Mallory, Margaret Tripp
Do you, or anyone have the death announcement of Peter Deyoe, father of James Deyoe/Deyo? I have found several documents, and hand written records to state that Peter Deyoe came to Winnebago County, after the death of his wife, which was in about 1850. With the death of his wife(who is unknown), he had at least one child named James(1803-1878) who married Esther Ann Mallory, and resided in Winnebago County, after obtaining land in about 1850, to build on. Peter is said to have lived with James until his death in Wisconsin, after leaving New York. Peter is the son of Jacobus Deyo/Deyoe 1754 & Margaret Tripp 1755 living in Dutchess Ghent Columbia Counties of New York. I am looking to find records indicating residence, birth of family members, property purchases, death certificates, marrriage license information, or others on these individuals. Please email me or reply to this thread or the others. turtles3kids3@yahoo.com Thank you, Pat

Posted: 23 Jan 2014 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe Seabury
Old Peter? Contact me, as I have a few questions and perhaps we can figure it out?!
Pat

Posted: 11 Mar 2014 1:52AM GMT
There was a James S Deyoe born Dec 16 1875 Died Nov, 1930 wife Ida Horn of Waukau, from Obit ; father Peter died Dec16,1899 ,died at his home 2 miles out on Berlin road , Mr Deyoe came to this country with his father in the early pioneer days. Sounds like the same bunch of Deyoe's. I wonder if Jacobus son William was William P of Grand Traverse county.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions