Search for content in message boards

Lisheenaclara

Lisheenaclara

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 1:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I would like to get more information on Lisheenaclara, Galway. For instance is there a library there or where would be the closest library? I had ancestors that lived in house 9 in Lisheenaclara, Kilteskill, Galway. The Fahey brothers - Tom, John and Patrick were born in that house and died in that house. I believe the brothers died about 1980s to 1990s and were born between 1900 to 1915. The brothers never married but had siblings that came to America.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Re: Lisheenaclara

Posted: 7 Nov 2011 10:22PM GMT
Lisheenaclara is a townland of just 82 acres and located about 8km south of the town of Loughrea.

(townlands are the smallest sub-division of land in Ireland and there are about 64,000 of them . They range in size from just a few acres, to over 1,000)

What type of information are you looking for ?

Shane

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 2:35AM GMT
Thank you for this information. My great grandmother Honora Fahey was born in house #9 in Lisheenaclara. I know that her nephews John, Tom, and Patrick lived in that house and never married. They died sometime in the 1980s or early 1990s. Patrick was born in 1901 and John was born 1914 and Tom was born in 1912. I thought if there was a library there - I could get more information on these Faheys' brothers. However, since it is only 82 acres, there probably isn't a library. How would I find out where the Faheys are buried and when they died? My great grandmother came to America when she was very young.

However, her parents died in Lisheenaclara - Patrick Fahey died 26 Mar 1896 and his wife - Honora Fahey died 24 Jan 1895- also in Lisheenaclara. I was hoping I could find out where they would be buried at.
Thank you

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Fahey. Williams
My gg grandfather Martin Joseph Fahey's father was Patrick Fahey. His mother was Honoria but I do not have her maiden name. He was born in 1837 and moved to the US around 1869. I know of a sister Margaret Fahey Williams and brother Michael or Mitchell. I believe there were other siblings. He was from Longrea and Honoria later lived in Ballyara.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 1:56AM GMT
Thanks for your response. I believe our Patrick Fahey died in Lisheenaclara on 26 Mar 1896. He was married to Honora Melody. We probably have different Patrick Faheys as yours went to US. Do you live in Ireland?

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 1:04PM GMT
Hi, thank for reply. As far as i know Patrick and Honoria died in Ireland as did two children. It was Patrick's son Martin Joseph Fahey that went to the US. I am in Texas but have been to Ireland which is very small. I will have to look up Lisheenclara on the map. In any case your Patrick was probably too young as Martin Joseph was born in 1937. Good luck in your search.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 1:44PM GMT
Hi, thank for reply. As far as i know Patrick and Honoria died in Ireland as did two children. It was Patrick's son Martin Joseph Fahey that went to the US. I am in Texas but have been to Ireland which is very small. I will have to look up Lisheenclara on the map. In any case your Patrick was probably too young as Martin Joseph was born in 1937. Good luck in your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions