Search for content in message boards

Ancestry Login Failure

Ancestry Login Failure

Posted: 3 Jan 2012 1:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
At the initial Ancestry Login dialogue box in FTM 2012 I keep getting a login failure despite the fact that I am entering a valid user ID and password. I know they're valid because it was working 2 days ago and it works when I login via the Internet. What's the problem?

Re: Ancestry Login Failure

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 1:47PM GMT
Bette,

Have you restarted your computer and tried again? Are you still having a log in problem?

Russ

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 7:01PM GMT
Well by some miracle things seem to be OK right now. My files have sync'd and the Failed Login dialogue box has resolved itself. Not sure what happened but here's my speculation - FTM 2012 was building media files and this seemed to be the cause of all my problems with the Login. Once the media files were built the sync process seemed to go smoothly. What's perplexing now is that none of the media is appearing on my Ancestry sync'd file even though it indicates that those files are there. What appears is a standard icon with the various and correct media titles. ?????

Posted: 21 May 2012 5:32PM GMT
I am having a similar problem.
What was the resolution?
Thanks
Jim

Posted: 21 May 2012 7:04PM GMT
Jim,

There's been no resolution; I simply gave up. Your note spurred me to attempt to sync my files again today and oddly enough I received a patch to 2012 when I opened up FTM which I downloaded and let update my software. Right now the sync process has been running for roughly 25 minutes and appears to be hung up at about the 1/3 stage of progress. My suspicion is that it's the size of my media file (1.3gb) in combination with my DSL speed. I'll let it run for another 10 minutes but I'm not hopeful it will progress or complete.

David

Posted: 21 May 2012 7:35PM GMT
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I just got the "Sync Error: An error occurred while syncronizing this tree. You can try again later, but if this message recurs (sic), you may need to unlink your trees and either upload a new linked tree from Family Tree Maker or download a new linked tree from Ancestry."

THIS IS WHAT CAUSED MY ISSUES TO BEGIN WITH.

I want my money back from FTM. Let me know when you can get it working.

Posted: 21 May 2012 8:46PM GMT
NOW my FTM file is completely gone with no trace of it other than the media directory. I have backups but not sure if I'm going to even bother.

FTM, your stuff is FD UP - fix it.

Posted: 21 May 2012 8:47PM GMT
I do suspect the media is the culprit. However, if FTM has issues with files that are large, it should limit the size that can be attached or not upload those large files - something other than making the sync impossible and FTM useless.

Jim

Posted: 21 May 2012 10:13PM GMT
the sync feature seems to be slow today on their end. Took 5 to 10 mins. just to sync one person with no media. Alas I try to sync often do to the fact that internet providers limit your upload speed.

Posted: 22 May 2012 12:34PM GMT
jdhmo,

Family Tree Maker will NOT delete your file, nor make it "completely gone".

It does sound like you have a couple of issues going on here, as I think I just replied to your media file (duplicated images) thread.

But FTM2012 will NOT delete your file.

Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic