Search for content in message boards

Rogers

rogers family

Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: rogers
tina i saw your info on the rogers family dean rogers was my greatgrandmas father her name was zelphia jane rogers born march16,1828 in rutherford county tennessee she married my great grand father lewis henry davidson born 1826 in tennesse they married aug7,1845 in rutherford county tennessee after that they lived in missouri oklahoma arkansas and texas if this is part of the same family then i would like to hear from you email me at viking82843@aol.com
Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 7 Dec 2001 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers, Fields, Green, Barnhart, Edwards, Pettit, Coker, Morrison, Smith, Oakes, Spain, Galbreth, Pate, Cowdrey, Harrison, Davidson, Hayes
Green D. Berry Rogers b. Feb. 25, 1825 Carroll Co. TN d. Aug 22, 1879 Boone Co. AR m. Scidy (Sidney) Fields b. abt. 1830 d. Aug. 10, 1879 Boone Co AR.

Notes for Green D. Barry Rogers 1880 AR Mortality Schedule:
Green B. Rogers 55 b. TN father b. GA mother b. GA
Died Aug. Boone Co.
( This is the only information listed that we find Green D. Berry's parents being listed b. GA as all other records show NC. )

Children of Green Rogers and Scidy ( Sidney ) Fields are:

Basil Alexander Rogers b. Jan 17, 1849 M. Sarah Gilmore

James Franklin Rogers b. June 19, 1852 Carroll Co. TN m. Fannie Elizabeth Logan

Martha Ann Rogers b. Feb. 02, 1854

Mary Francis Rogers b. Jan. 12, 1856

William Manuel Rogers b. Dec. 27, 1857 d. June 29, 1906 Boone Co. AR m. Ophelia Ann Richesin

Green Clinton Rogers

Elizabeth Valena Rogers b. Oct. 07, 1861 d. Oct. 13, 1862

Louella Rogers b. Feb. 13, 1863 d. Aug. 05, 1879

Thomas Napoleon Rogers b. Dec 25, 1865

Zellah Rogers b. Dec. 24, 1867 d. Nov 28, 1928 m. Alexander Petit or Pettit, 1890

Lonzo Rogers b. June 06, 1870 d. Oct 21, 1872

( I NEED INFORMATION ON WILLIAM MANUEL ROGERS, my grandfather )

This Green and Scidy Fields Rogers family moved along with Green D. Berry's brothers BASIL JASPER ROGERS b. Feb. 22, 1830 Carroll Co. TN and James Franklin Rogers b. Oct. 22, 1831 d. Feb. 17, 1906 into Boone Co AR from Carroll Co. TN. We believe they all moved after 1872 and before 1879 into Boone Co. AR. Basil Jasper Rogers married Martha P. Ann Rowland ( Roland ) and her line of Rowlands trace back into 1500's England. ( Not sure where Basil Jasper Rogers is buried. )

Some have said that Nancy Martin Rogers sister of these above ( Green, James Franklinb. 1831 and Basil Jasper Rogers )mentioned brothers also moved with them into Boone Co. AR and is buried in the Bellefonte Cemetery along with Green D. Berry and wife Scidy ( Sidney ) Fields Rogers. I do not see her listed on the website in that cemetery, but she may have remarried. Supposedly Nancy Martin Rogers b. 1827 Carroll Co. TN., had been married to a Smith Fields, who was Scidy's brother back in Carroll Co. TN. We aren't sure is he died before this move or stayed in TN in another county. He is not listed on any Cemetery list I have so far from Carroll Co. TN, however. Anyone having information on this Nancy Rogers b. 1827, please contact me at e-mail address below.

James Franklin Rogers b. Oct. 22, 1831 married Martha A. Liles. She was born September 22, 1832 and died March 12, 1883. ( Liles family also traces back to Carroll Co. TN, and then into NC in the 1700's ). They had son James Michael Rogers and all are buried in the Holmes Cemetery in Boone Co. AR. James Michael Rogers married a Nellie M. ( Unknown surname, and need to know ).

James Franklin Rogers ( son of Green D. Berry Rogers and Scidy ( Sidney ) Fields Rogers is the nephew to the above James Franklin Rogers b. 1831 ) James Franklin Rogers b. June 19, 1852 in Carroll Co. TN married FAnnie Elizabeth Logan. I have 6 children listed for them.

I am working on a large genealogy of this family, and any information any of you may have in Boone Co. AR on this line would be greatly appreciated. Some of your local families to come out of this line were:

Thomas William Rogers, Jr. & Sr. ( or "Tom Bill"
and "Tommy" to me, as I am half-sister of Tom Bill )

Ernest Rogers b. 1890 ( former Boone Co. AR sheriff ) my father and also father of my 5 half-siblings listed here.

Ernest Cleo Rogers ( father of Mike, Suzette, and John )

Dean Rogers

Mildred Rogers

Mary Ruth Rogers

Also cousins of mine:

Oscar Rogers ( son of Basil Alexander Rogers and Sarah Gilmore ) and all his many siblings.

Iona Lee Rogers Harrison ( daughter of my fathers first cousin, Oscar Rogers and wife Eva Iona Pate Rogers )

Contact me at e-mail address below if you have any information on this line of Rogers.

Tina Rogers Beller
jkpb3@bellsouth.net

per page

Find a board about a specific topic