Search for content in message boards

Sil Williams

Sil Williams

Evon Reese (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2001 1:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams-Bass
I am looking for information on Silidone Samuel Williams married to Sarah Bass. They were born abt. 1832. They lived in Rapides parish Louisiana. These are their children:

Rachael Amelia: (b) 04/18/1863 (d) 02/03/1955
Artimessa
Cansetty
Buddy
John Robert (b) Oct. 11, 1865 married Roberta Lougene George
Randy (or Ramsey)
Viola
William Henry Harrison
Henry Jackson Harrison
Perryman Harrison.
Silidone is a greatgrandfather and John Robert is a grandfather.We are searching for Silidone's parents or brothers or sisters. In one of the census he states that his father is from England. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Sil Williams

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 6:38PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 5:32PM GMT
I BELIEVE THE NAME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS ACTUALLY SILLADUM F. WILLIAMS MARRIED TO SARA ANN BASS - PARENTS OF RACHEL AMELIA WILLIAMS MARRIED TO HENRY NEWTON WILLIAMS BROTHER OF MY GREAT GREAT GRAND FATHER (WARREN WILSON WILLIAMS). THE ONLY INFO. I HAVE ON SARA IS THAT SHE WAS BORN ON 7-28-1829. I AM STILL LOOKINF FOR INFO MYSELF.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2001 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Willaims, Sanders, Bass, Potter, Carlisle
Sil's name was spelled several different ways on the census. His son, John Robert Williams, was my greatgrandfather. One of John's sons was my grandfather Warren Wilson Williams, although he went by Bill. I notice the name Warren Wilson is used often in our Williams line.

Aletha, do you know if and when Sara was married to a Harrison? Any idea where she and Sil are buried or when they married? Evon and I are about to "pull our hair" out on this line, although we haven't been researching very long. Any information would be appreciated.

Sincere thanks

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 7:00PM GMT
SORRY - NO HIT - THE WARREN WILSON III WILLIAMS I'M LOOKING FOR IS BROTHER TO WILLIAMS JASPER WILLIAMS AND HIS TWIN HERNY NEWTON WILLIAMS - WARREN WILSON III WILLIAMS IS FATHER TO BARENY (ALFRED ?) WILLIAMS . HARRISON - NOT FOUND ANY INFO THERE - BUT WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I DO - I BELIEVE THAT THE WILLIAMS FAMILIES ARE RELATED!

THANKS!!

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 7:10PM GMT
FOUND IT! SILLADUM F. WILLIAMS MARRIED TO SARA ANN BASS

CHILDREN:
CANZETTA WILLIAMS B. 3-7-1866
WARREN WILSON WILLIAMS B. 8-20-1855
ARTIMISSEY PHILADELPHIA CRISTY ADE WILLIAMS
B. 7-4-18-59
RACHEL AMELIA WILLIAMS B. 4-18-1863
JOHN ROBERT WILLIAMS B. 10-11-1868

I HAVE NO MORE DATA ON SARA ANN BASS OR SILLADUM F. WILLIAMS

RACHEL AMELIA WILLIAMS MARRIED MY GREAT GREAT UNCLE HENRY NEWTON WILLIAMS BROTHER OF WARREN WILSON III WILLIAMS - THIS IS WHERE EVERYTHING GETS CONFUSING - IN THOSE TIMES FAMILY MARRIED FAMILY - (1ST COUSINS) AS IN EUROPE.

Posted: 17 Mar 2003 1:19AM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2003 4:21AM GMT
Are you sure of the birth date of Rachel Williams? were they living an McCall Tx.

Evon Reese (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2003 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: Williams
I am not positive of the birth date. I only know of Rachael living in Louisiana, but it is possible she lived in Texas. What Year are you referring to?

Posted: 18 Mar 2003 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2003 4:21AM GMT
I knew a Henry and Rachel Williams that lived in McCall TX.
They were kin to my brother-in-law. We visited them around 1980 or 1981. They were quite elderly by not as old as the ones you refer to. They are both deceased now. I think Uncle Hendry was from Vernon Parish. I can remember they had a son that died of bone cancer at a young age. I do have a picture of them taken when we were there.
Anna

Joan (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2003 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
His daughter Canzetta was my Great Great Grandmother. I can give you some information, but am trying to find SILLADUM F. WILLIAMS parents....so I will share what I have if you or anyone else needs it. I know his middle name is Fillone. He was born December 29, 1829. Sarah was born July 28, 1829. I have her as Sarah Ann (Amy) Bass. I know she was born in Louisiana, but am not sure where.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2003 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Potter, Bass, Sanders, etc.
This is one of my confusing lines too. Sil and Sarah are parents to my John Robert Williams. John married Mattie Potter then Roberta Lue George. My mother died in 1995..she always said "Write this down..you're going to want to know this some day." And I always answered "Ah mom, there's lots of time. " Time stopped before I knew it. The knowledge she had went with her. So, write down all you hear. Words of wisdom. One day you'll want to know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions