MARTIN, Freda (Hendrix) 1913-1991

Barbara Keist McClenny (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: MARTIN, HENDRIX, RITTER, CHETWOOD, LOW, SMITH, DREW
Record-Courier; Baker City, OR; 5 Dec 1991

Freda Martin

Freda Martin, 77, a life long resident of Halfway, Oregon, died Sunday, December 1 at the Malheur Memorial Health Care Center, Nyssa, OR.

Funeral services for Mrs. Martin will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, December 6 at the Pine Valley Presbyterian Church, Halfway, Pastor Bill Shields will officate. Interment will follow at Pine Haven Cemetery. Friends may call for visitation at Gray's West and Co. from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. The casket will be closed at the service.

Mrs. Martin was born December 26, 1913 at Halfway, a daughter of John and Myrtle (Ritter) MHendrix. She received her education at the Clear Creek district school at Halfway. After she completed shcool she loved to trap a..... She tookk a course in 19.. in the art of Taxidermy, she received her license so she could do Taxidermy and spent her life doing this. She married Mack Chetwood December 30, 1942 at Walla Walla, Washington. He preceded her in death. She married Joe Martin, February 20, 1967. He also preceded her in death.

Mrs. Martin had many accomplishments including, mining, 4-H, forestry, photography, helped start and is a member of the Pine Valley Community Museum, feeding deer, skiing and loved horses, loved working with and helping kids. She also exhibited her Taxidermy work for many years at the Pine Valley Fair, and was the Grand Marshall in 1985 for the Hells Canyon Junior Rodeo.

She is survived by a son, Verlin Chetwood, of Halfway, daughter, Adila Low of Yukon Territory, Canada, two sisters, Glenna Smith of Halfway, OR and Helen Drew of Kennewick, WA., four grandchildren and one great grandchildren, several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, two husbands, and a sister.

Those wisihing to make memorial contributions in the memory of Mrs. Martin, may direct them to the Pine Valley Ambulance, Eagle Valley Ambulance or the Pine Valley Community Museum, this may be done thru Gray's West and Co. Pioneer Chapel.

Re: MARTIN, Freda (Hendrix) 1913-1991

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: drew
Would you happen to have any information on Helen Drew listed in your message. I am searching to my grandmother Helen Drew whom I never knew. She was in Tacoma, Washington in 1916.
My new email address is: villasoleil2@comcast.net
thank you.
Mary Gasper

LaVelle (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 9:10PM GMT
I was so sorry to hear that Freda Chetwood Martin had passed away. She was my cousin by marriage, having married Mack Chetwood. I remember her when I was a kid growing up at Halfway. She and Mack loved hunting with their horses. I remember Verlin and Adila, but we were all very young.
My thoughts are with all her loved ones.

Nancy Warner (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 3:16AM GMT
Helen Drew lives in Richland, WA. My sister knows the exact address. Her husband Paul is now deceased. Please e-mail me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions