Search for content in message boards

Asa Saunders

Asa Saunders

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Found this info at the herein listed website. It appears that Asa Saunders was a bad boy, convicted and was to be hung!! Jim Sanders.......................

http://theoldentimes.com/hangum.html

Re: Asa Saunders

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: sanders
Jim,
> I'm researching the genealogy of Nathaniel Sanders (b. 1755) of Barnwell, SC., supposedly brother to John "Black Jack". Very confusing! Have you any idea as to their parentage? Also, what happened to Nathaniel's grandsons by John: William, Gideon, and James? Wilson is well documented, but nothing definitive on the other three. Are full names or any initials known? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Ron Sanders

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 3:11PM GMT

Ron, Sorry to say but,
I happened upon the article in my research on the Silas Sanders Line. I never followed up on the lead. Jim

http://theoldentimes.com/hangum.html

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
Is Asa Saunders tied into the Barnwell South Carolina Sanders? I'm still looking for a son or grandson of Nathaniel Sanders from Barnwell that left and came to Alabama and then Florida. Nathaniel Sanders b.1755 m. Mary Mikell in 1770 and had children:
Hugh L. (he left SC and moved to Louisiana),
John (b.1772 m.1792 to Mary Hamlin and had sons:
Wilson, William, James and Gideon. John was already
dead when Nathaniel died),
Rachel (m. John Holly),
Clark (apparently was impaired),
Elizabeth (m. Shanon George Ray)
Mourning (m. James Sanders).
My g-grandfather was Allen Jefferson Sanders, b.abt 1836. His father is my missing link to Nathaniel. This missing Sanders and his brother left SC and made it to Florida. When Nathaniel died, word was sent to these brothers regarding their inheritance. One brother went back to SC and my ancestor stayed in Florida. He is buried in Holt, Florida in a grave marked 'Unknown'. Later generations have never known his name. Prior posts from Jim Sanders, Jack Sanders and others have helped in solving the mystery to this point. Now I've hit a wall and can't seem to close this gap in one generation. Could this unknown Sanders be one of John's 4 sons? Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Ron Sanders

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 8:15PM GMT
Surnames: sanders
Do you know Asa's Parents names. I have a long line of Asa Sander's in my family tree, Starting with Asa Darby and Dorcas Gore. who married in 30 Nov 1779 ,Chester, South Carolina.

Their Daughter Lydia Darby married JOhn Sanders.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 5:45PM GMT
Ron,
I am married to John Sanders of Laurel Hill, Fl which is where Allen Sanders & Dorcas Sanders are buried. He is also a decendant of Nathaniel Sanders of Barnwell Co., SC. Allen is the oldest Sanders buried in Almarante cemetary and you can see a picture of the graves for both on laurelhillnow.com and clicking on the cemetary. We are not sure if he is the first Sanders to come to the area but if the dates are correct could not possible be the son of Nathaniel. I know there is a family tree done by a relative of my husbands but have not been able to get a copy as of now. It supposedly covers from Nathaniel through present day Florida Sanders. I am going to try to contact them and find out what site it is on and will share the information if I can find out. My husband was always told that Nathaniel had disowned his son that came to Florida but then had left him an inheritance which he never went to get but unfortunately we do not know what that son's name was.

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 4:42PM GMT
What information do your husband's relatives have concerning where Nathaniel and John came from, and when they arrived? Family lore on the Black Jack side (my g-g-g-grandfather) says that they immigrated from England, but there is no port or year of arrival. It would be interesting to know if their parents immigrated as well.

Thanks,

Jack

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 11:39AM GMT
He was under the impression they came from Scotland but was not told what year. We found something that had said Nathaniel was 9 when he came over - lost the site we saw it on and still trying to find it again. Will let you know if we find it
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions