Search for content in message boards

William Pomeroy b 1764 Maine

William Pomeroy b 1764 Maine

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pomeroy, Pomroy, Pierce
I am hoping that someone can help me. I am looking for information on William Pomeroy born 13 Jun 1764 in Maine. His parents were Benjamin Pomeroy and Hannah Pierce. I am looking for any information on his wife or children.

Thank you in advance for anything....

Diane

Re: William Pomeroy b 1764 Maine

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 8:02PM GMT
Hi Diane, Phoebe Pomeroy, born in Levant, Penobscot, Maine on September 23, 1819 was my ggg grandmother. Her father, my gggg grandfather, was William Pomeroy, born October 1, 1782 in East Hampden, Penobscot, Maine. Phoebe married George A. Smith in 1833. She died in Bangor, Maine in 1905. I haven't looked further back than William at this time, but there may be a link between my William and the William you are searching for. Where was your William born in Maine?

I have a photo of Phoebe, and if she is of your line, I'be happy to share it with you.

Hopefully, we can stay in touch as one of us may make a connection! If you wish to reply to my email, it is:
nebr.homesteader@gmail.com

Sherry Phillips

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 12:38AM GMT
Hi Sherry,

My William was born in Wiscasset, Maine 13 Jun 1764. He was a descendant of Richard from the Isles of Shoals. I am still trying to make all of the connections. Any info would be great.

Diane

Posted: 15 May 2010 2:42AM GMT
I am decended from John Pomeroy born 8 Oct 1780 in Sheepscot Valley, Maine. John was one of William's younger brothers. The info I have shows several of the older children of Benjamin and Hannah as having been born in Wiscasset (Pownalborough), Lincoln County, Maine. About 1782 the family moved to St. Stephen New Brunswick since they were Loyalists to the Crown, were granted land and some of the decendants are still living there. I hope
this information is of interest to you.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 12:23PM GMT
Packy, it would seem that we are distant cousins? I am descended from William, my father was John, whose father was Richmond, who was from Charlotte County, St. Stephen NB. I have followed the line back to the Isle of Shoals but really only have names and DOB and death. Do you have anything of substance you might share? Danpomeroy63@gmail.com.

Thanks cousin!

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 9:27PM GMT
William and family moved to New Brunswick (St. Stephen area in 1783) and Pomeroy Ridge was named after the Family. They were loyal to the Crown and were granted land in New Brunswick. My Grandfather Pomeroy was born in NB and moved to the States in 1882.

You may contact at Packy43@gmail.com

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 7:48PM GMT
The first Pomeroy I have been able to trace back to is Richard Pomeroy, born in 1640 on the Isle of Shoals off the Maine coast. He was Ben Pomeroy's father. His brother John, was my great, great,great grandfather. The family were Loyalists, and moved to Pomeroy Ridge in New Brunwick.We have been trying to connect Richard Pomeroy to Lenard Pomeroy, one of the founders of a settlement where Dover NH is located. So far we can't make the connection. Lenard Pomeroy was a very suscessful merchant in Plymouth England, and a former mayor of that city.

Posted: 28 Apr 2014 8:17PM GMT
i am trying to find out more on elijah s pomeroy married to matilda brown can u help me please
per page

Find a board about a specific topic