Search for content in message boards

Houghs from Wales!

Posted: 9 Feb 2009 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
I understand the Hough clan is fairly large around north wales / cheshire. I am researching my dad's side of the family and was wandering if there is anyone who can enlighten me further as I have come to somewhat of a full stop.

My Dad (Lester Hough) comes from Ruabon (born in Wrexham - 1950). His father was John Hough (Don't know about middle names). There is one record of a John Hough from wrexham (born 1931) but no death records (died when my dad's brother (carl peter hough) was fairly young i think, although I don't have any dates).

The only other things I know are that John Hough was married to Charlotte Hartmann. After he died she remarried Derek Manasseh (by then they had moved to oxford area).

I gather John Hough came from a very large family (most of whom seemed to have something to do with the RAF?. The only sibling I know of is a Cedric Hough (lives down south somewhere) who I met a couple of years ago and is still alive and kicking!

If anyone could shed some more info, I'd be very gratefull.

Cheers,

Tim hough

Re: Houghs from Wales!

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hough
Hi Tim
My son Robert directed me to your message. I am John's youngest sister, his middle name was Herbert. I still live in Wales but about 20 mins from Ruabon. What would you like to know? I could probably fill in quite a few gaps for you if you so wished. Say hello to your dad for me. I am still in touch with Peter and Charlotte, in fact we will be visiting there this year.
Dorothy

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 10:27PM GMT
hi tim
were all doing the same here dont no if its the same family or not were all from flint trying to do the family tree
thanks john

Posted: 9 Dec 2013 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Hi my father Robert Hough was from flint i went with him once when i was around 5 to grannys house.my dad was RAF SERGEANT,and wife Irene from Doncaster,we had 2 sisters Barbara,now Beckket,in Doncaster still,my other sister patricia hough lived in Newcastle.Me and brother Mike moved here in Canada 1968 i think it was68.I know my dad had abrother Tom who moved to Australia.Other than that we have lots of family in Canada now.Imon the west coast If you find out more ill ask my older brother nwhat he remembers but we moved away and our lives are here now and God bless all family or not ,but any info on dad if you are related somehow would be great i wish i would have listened more to his war stories ,i know he was shot down and in stalag13 i believr just like hogans heroes on tv..good luck Mal
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions