Search for content in message boards

O'CONNOR, FITZGERALD, MORIARTY

O'CONNOR, FITZGERALD, MORIARTY

Posted: 17 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2004 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor (Connor), Martin, Fitzgerald

Maurice (Morris) O'CONNOR (CONNOR)
b. Feb 11, 1821 Clash, Kilquane Civil Parish, Ballyferriter RC Parish, Dingle PLU, Corkaguiny Barony, County Kerry, Western tip of the Dingle Peninsula, IRL
d. Oct 21, 1898 buried at St Michael's Roman Catholic Church Brattleboro, VT. USA

Married Ballyferriter parish Shrove Tuesday, Feb 22, 1846 to :

Catherine MARTIN
b.Nov 11, 1818 Garrane, Kilmalkedar Civil Parish, Ballyferriter RC Parish, Ireland
d. 1886 buried at St Michael's Roman Catholic Church Brattleboro, VT. USA

Parents of Maurice: Hugh O'CONNOR and Johanna FITZGERALD
married Jan 21, 1810 Dingle area, Corkaguniy
Children: Catherine, John, Mary (or Maybe Margaret), Maurice, James.

Parents of Catherine: James Martin and Catherine MORIARTY
married before 1807.
Children:Ellen 1809, John 1812, Daniel, 1816, Catherine 1818, Margaret 1821, James 1829 born in Ballyferriter parish.

Catherine Martin O'Connor emigrated thru Quebec for Upper Canada with her brothers James and John Martin in July of 1846.

Maurice emigrated to the US in 1847, and could not find his wife who was seperated from him due to "adversities of fortune" . Maurice put an ad in the Boston Pilot looking for Catherine in Nov of 1847.... Somehow they reunited by Aug of 1848 and he ended up working laying track for the new railroads being built thru New England, when the job on the railroad thru Brattleboro, Vt ended there, where Maurice settled. Maurice worked as a brakeman for the railroad most of his life in Brattleboro, VT, USA.
Looking for descendants of Hugh and Johanna.... email me! LONG LIVE THE KINGDOM OF KERRY!

FITZGERALD/MORIARTY

Posted: 7 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 6:22AM GMT
Hi,
Your dates are much further back than I have been able to go as yet on my family; so I cant make any connections... yet! I'll save your information and maybe someday I can make a determination as to wether it connects or not. Good Luck with your search.

FERRITER, FITZGERALD, MORIARITY

Posted: 7 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2004 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: Ferriter, Moriarity, Fitzgerald
PIARAS(Pierce) FERRITER born about 1610 in Ballyferriter, Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry married MARY MORIARITY in 1632. They had children: Maurice, Luke, Dominic, and John that I know of. Her siblings was THADDEUS who was a priest
who died with Pierce when Cromwell had him hung at Killarney. Later, MAURIE FERRITER (b. circa 1765-76) married another MARY MORIARITY. Their children: Eugene, and John (Croppy). Many Ferriters married FITZGERALDS - I have a little information on a lot of people but I would like more. My mother was a FERRITER.
Posted: 3 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2006 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor, Ferriter
My grandmother was a Mary O'Connor who married John Ferriter. They lived in Dingle but probably moved from BallyFerriter. My grandfather was a tailor.
Posted: 3 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2006 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Ferriter
My father was a Ferriter. He was from Dingle and his father was John. he was Michael

MORIARTY, CONNOLLY, COULTON, GILDEA, BARRY

Rich Mather (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2004 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: Moriarty, Martin, Moriart, Barry
Is there a connection between Catherine Moriarty wife of James Martin and Daniel Moriart?

Daniel MORIARTY born abt. 1810 in Co. Kerry near Killorglin. His son John b. June 25, 1830 married Mary BARRY. She was from Waterville in Co. Kerry. They emigrated to the USA and had eleven children in Miford,Mass.

MORIARTY, BARRY, CONNOLLY, COULTON, GILDEA

Rich Mather (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2004 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Moriarty, Barry
Any connection with Danial Moriarty b. abt 1810 in Killorglin, co. Kerry. His son John was born in 1830, also in Killorglin. John married Mary Barry b. June 24, 1836 in Waterville Co. Kerry. They married but I don't have a place or date. They moved to the US and had their first of 11 children in Milford Mass. in August 1855.
Posted: 13 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: FERRITER
My GGgrandfather was named John Ferriter. He emigrated to the US in the 1830s with two brothers leaving his brother Maurice there. They were from Smerwick and near Ballyferriter on the Dingle Peninsula. I have some information on relatives back in Ireland and maybe we can figure out how we mesh. Audrey
Posted: 12 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2004 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Ferriter, Farritor, Fitzgerald, Shea
Obviously it appears your grandmother was descendant (daughter) of Maurice since she did not leave Ireland until the turn of the century. DO you know when she was born. Who did she marry? Here in the U.S.? John Ferriter married Honora Fitzgerald but the Shea name is associated with Ferriter even today. My uncle, Robert Farritor/Ferriter, married Catherine Shea and they had four children (now grown). I am sure we are related but I am not at home with my database - at my daughter's house in NV for the birth of a granddaughter. Audrey

Grandmother

John Nadolski (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2004 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Ferriter, Shea
My Grandmother on my mother's side was Mary Agnes Ferriter who came to the USA around the turn of the century. Her father's name was John Ferriter and her mother's name was Mary Shea. She died by accident in Springfield Massachusetts on Feb. 24, 1922.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic