Search for content in message boards

Knox Researchers - Northfield Parish?

Knox Researchers - Northfield Parish?

Posted: 3 Dec 2007 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knox, Thompson
Hi,

Just wondering if there are any published info (family history/genealogy etc) on the Knox line that was in the Northfield Parish area. I am just starting to research the Thompson line and have come across several instances of them marrying into the Knox line.

Regards,
Jerry

Re: Knox Researchers - Northfield Parish (North Forks)?

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson Knox
Listed below are the earliest connections I have between the Knox and Thompson line. Just wondering if there is anyone who has researched the descendants of any of these lines?

James and Emily Knox (parents):
- Daugther - Martha Jane Knox, married John Albert Thompson
- Daughter - Mehetable Knox, married Jeremiah Thompson
- Son - Samuel Leonard Knox, married Clementine Thompson

Charles Knox and Eleanor Allen (parents):
- Daughter - Sophia Ann Knox, married Stephen Thompson

Regards,
Jerry

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 6:50PM GMT
I am a decendent of Charles and Eleanor Allen Knox. I know that Charles father was John Knox and is burried in Gagetown but who was John's father? I have seen material that he came to NS from Boxfield, Mass. but I am not able to verify this or who his father was. Any information would be appreciated.

John Knox

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:02PM GMT
Surnames: Knox, Thompson, Higgins
Stephen and Annie Thompson are my Great Grandparents on my fathers side. Their daughter Mary Olive is my fathers mother. I too have struggled to find relevant information. What information I have found can be found in my ancestry.ca tree "lmhiggins". Of particular interest to me is to find the parents of Stephen Thompson (born in Coal Creek in 1850). Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Sincerely,
LM Higgins

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 8:34AM GMT
Hi,

Just doing this from memory.....in the 1861 census (not sure about the 1871 census for Queens County), isn't Stephen living with his parents, John and Margaret (nee Harper) Thompson? I can't remember if Stephen's headstone in the Redbank Cemetery in Chipman is located with all the other Thompsons (probably is).

Jerry

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 12:55PM GMT
Surnames: Higgins, Thompson, Knox
I do believe that Stephen is buried in Redbank cemetery. However, I have yet to find any concrete evidence as to who Stephens parents are. There may have been another Stephen Thompson with a wife Ann in the area. The listed children in one 1881 census raises a flag in my opinion. If you have any additional information that might prove who the parents are I would love to see it. That's the problem with that generation. Record keeping apparently wasn't that important. The list of children I have in my tree is different than those listed in my brothers research. So there are a lot of grey areas that still need to be clarified. Any help would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic