Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Ralph Barker

Descendants of Ralph Barker

Posted: 9 Jul 2000 6:04PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 9:41PM GMT
I am looking for descendants of Ralph Barker, b. Jan. 11, 1869, d. July 28, 1935. He was married to Margaret Angelina Sill July 27, 1892. Margaret was born May 12, 1872, d. unknown. Margaret was the sister of my great Grandfather, Nelson Alexander Sill. Their parents were Nelson Sill and Charlotte Emily Harper. Margaret and Nelson were the only children of their family(there were six kids total) who went on to have families of their own (as far as I know). I am interested in learning anything I can about this branch of my family. Any help would be appreciated.

Who were his brothers?

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 10:10AM GMT
Did Ralph have a brother Ray, Roscoe and sister Genevieve?

Barker's brothers

Posted: 23 Sep 2000 4:29PM GMT
I know nothing of the Barker family before Ralph married into the Sill family. I do know that Ralph and Margaret had 6 children. The first 3 were born in Wisconsin and the last two in Missouri, the other I do not know. I have names and birthdates of Ralph's grandchildren (born in the 1920's and 30's), but that is as far as my information goes.

family tree

Bill Barker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 1:59PM GMT
My name is William James Barker I am Ralph Barker's grandson.
My address is 31 LaSalle Drive, Decatur, IL 62521
I am giving you my home address because I am using someone else's e-mail. Please contact me so we can swap info. Thankyou

Barker info

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 7:28PM GMT

Re: family tree

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 3:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I know this is 9 years later, but am just searching and came across the post. My name is Lisa Barker-31 and father is Jim Barker-63 from Dexter, MO. His father's name was Ralph Barker; and I believe he was born in Souther Illinois between 1897-1900. From my understanding, he was raised by two older ladies. That is all the info I have. Any direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much, Lisa Barker

Re: Who were his brothers?

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 11:31PM GMT
I had forgotten about my Barker post, but just found it again. Since I last replied, I have learned more of Ralph's family. He had one brother named Harry and four sisters named Anna, Ella, Luta and Crissie.

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 2:36PM GMT
Hello Lisa,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I do not have a Jim Barker in my family tree. "My" Ralph did not have a child by that name. However, Ralph's father, James Fitch Barker had 9 children. 6 with wife Mary O. Hanaman: Ralph, Ella, Anna, Luta, Chrissie, Harry. Then 3 more with Agnes Clifton: Merta, Berta, Mauice. I think all of these kids were born in the 1860's through the 1880's. If there is a connection with my family it will have to be through one of the other 8 children.
John

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Barker Marsh Parker Clifton
I am the great grandson of James Fitch Barker by Merta (Barker) Marsh and Celestine Vivian (Marsh) Parker. I would like to find more information about my family tree before James and Agnes Clifton

Posted: 11 May 2010 2:10PM GMT
Donald,
Your query got me looking deeper into my family tree file. My Barker information came from a descendant of Ralph Barker. The family tree file shows James Fitch Barker married to Mary O. Hanaman and having 6 children. It also shows James Fitch Barker married to Agnes Clifton and having 3 children. However, all of the children attributed to Agnes were born before she married James and while Mary was still alive. Furthermore, an obituary attached to the file states that Mary had 12 children and they all survived her. So, there is obviously at least one error in my data. As near as I can tell at this point, James and Agnes did not have children. All the Barker children were born to Mary.
Back to your query, my file shows Agnes Clifton's parents as James H. Addaius and Lovina Hennerschitz. So it appears that Clifton is a married name and Agnes had at least one previous marriage.
James Fitch Barker's parents were Fitch Barker, born abt 1808 in NY and Abigail Keller, born about 1820 in NY. James had at least 2 sisters, Melissa, born abt 1840 and Anna, born abt 1842.
Mary Hanaman's parents were William Hanaman and Christian. I do not know if Christian is a first or last name.
That's all I have at this time. I hope it was helpful.
If you have any Barker information you could share with me, I would be grateful. I have no information on James' children except Ralph, who married a Sill.
John Sill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions