Search for content in message boards

St Mary's Cemetery Roland Ave

St Mary's Cemetery Roland Ave

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 8:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCarthy, Farrell, O'Brien, Minogue
Does anyone have assess to St Mary's cemetery on Roland Ave records or know where I can find them. I saw that "Find a Grave" has 900+ listings of people buried in St Mary's but the person I am look for in not in that list. Does anyone know where that list came from and if it is complete? Thank you Carol

Re: St Mary's Cemetery Roland Ave

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 11:58PM GMT
THE LIST YOU SEE AT FINDAGRAVE IS USUALLY DONE BY MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
GO BACK TO FINDAGRAVE AND REQUEST A PHOTO OF THE GRAVE SITE.
THE MORE INFORMATION YOU HAVE THE MORE HELPFUL AND FASTER.
THIS IS ALL DONE BY VOLUNTEERS.

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 1:42AM GMT
Try this website:
http://friendsofallencounty.org/search_stmarysbaltimore.php

I have a couple different excel spreadsheets - one extracted from the Baltimore County Genealogical Society and one from the Maryland Genealogy Society - so you can try those websites too. Unfortunately I didn't keep the urls so I don't know exactly where I got them.

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 2:11PM GMT
I have a map of burials for the cemetery,if that helps.It just list last names. The records were transfered to another church. I think I still may have some kind of record that tells me where they were moved to.

dan powers

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 12:46PM GMT
Hi Dan, THe person I am interested in is: Thomas P McCarthy (McCarty or Carty) He died in a train accident in July 1875. THank you for your help.

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 12:54PM GMT
Hi FlowerFreak, I checked out the site you suggested but that is the Catholic Cemetery. I am interested in St Mary's Episcopal cemetery on Roland Ave in Hampden but maybe I'll find something at the MDS and BCGS as you suggested. Does anyone on the list know if either of those places have the St Mary's Episcopal cemetery records? Thank you Carol

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 9:05PM GMT
Hello: I'm still searching on the map, It only has last names on it. I did nnot see a McCarty, but some of the names you cannot read.I did find the letter telling me who has the records. Glad I save this stuff !
The Property Committee
4 E University Parkway
Baltimore,Md, 21211 410-467-1399

dan

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 10:44PM GMT
Hello Carol,,

I did find a McCarthy listed,and it's in an older section.Email me direct and I'll send you a scanned copy so that you can check the stones for yourself.

dan
drmblds05@msn.com

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Cullum Toomey McFaul
Dan,

Are you talking about St Mary's Episcopal cemetery on Roland Ave in Hampden? If so and if it isn't too much trouble could you please see if there is a Cullum grave site. I am not sure if your map shows the people buried there or just the owner. If it is by owner I think it may be Stevens. My 2nd great grandmother Mary Cullum is buried there and a old family letter says her daughter Mrs. Emma Stevens owned the lots.

Thank You
Bill Toomey

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 1:20PM GMT
Hello Bill:

There appears to be a Stevens,in Lot Z,which is the second lot or parcel,after you enter the cemetery on the right side,towards Roland Ave. The grave appears to be about 5 rows from the small access towards Roland and about 4 graves in.It is near a stone that says Ensor.I have not found Cullum yet.
dan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic