Search for content in message boards

MELTON FAMILY

MELTON FAMILY

Linda James Heath (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2003 5:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MELTON
My grandparents, Ethan Bird Melton and Carrie Jane Doster Melton and 12 children came to Arcadia, Bienville Ph. by train in 1904. They were met at the train depot by the "Williams" family. They went south of Arcadia and lived on Williams Creek until around 1906 when they moved to a small community called "Midway". This was located on Hwy. 80, halfway between Arcadia and Simsboro (Lincoln Parish). They lived there until 1924/25 when they moved into Arcadia town. Grandpa opened Melton Chevrolet. They lived there until he died Dec. 22, 1935. My questions: does anyone know where Williams Creek was and who owned this land? Have you heard of Midway? I'm thinking Midway was possibly in BOTH Bienville Parish and Lincoln Parish. The Meltons are in the 1910 census for Lincoln Parish but I can't find them in 1920. I would appreciate any help you can give me. God Bless. Linda James Heath

Re: MELTON FAMILY

ken courtright (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2003 8:49PM GMT
My gggrandfather Isaac Wesley Melton and his family moved from Bienville to Brown Co. TX, in the early 1870"s. Any connection?

Posted: 16 Feb 2003 2:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2004 11:49PM GMT
Hi LInda, it's me again.
I don't know if I mentioed it before but my G Grandfather -Thomas Lane Rogers's son Thomas Clarence Rogers Sr married Carrie Ruth Melton. I met with her several times at the Arcadia Baptist Home where she lived while researching my own family lines. Many of her children and grandchildren still live in Arcadia and the area. I have their information if you're intersted.
Let's share information so that I can more fully complete the Melton line on my side.

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 1:57AM GMT
Hi George.

I will be glad to share my Melton info with you. Do you live in Arcadia? Do you know my cousins, Clarence and Ruth Rogers' sons, Ray Rogers (Simsboro) and Jerry Rogers (Simsboro). My other cousin, Willie B. Rogers is in the VA home in Ruston.

I have too much info to put on this website. Please email me at msheath@swbell.net.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

God Bless

Linda James Heath

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 2:05AM GMT
Hi Ken.

I can't find any connection to your Melton. Who was Isaac Wesley Melton's father?

God Bless

Linda James Heath

ken (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2003 2:45AM GMT
Sharred also spelled Sherid and Sherwood, from the Amite , St. Helena or Washington Parrish, LA in the early 1800's. Married Rachel Cutrer.

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 4:06AM GMT
Sorry. These names are not familiar to me. I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

God Bless

Linda James Heath

Marcie Masterson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Melton, Calcote, Doster
Mr. Park, I thought I'd chime in and say hello. I'm Linda Heath's cousin...another Melton researcher. A long time ago I read an enumeration that you did on the CALCOTE cemetery in Ruston where many of my Calcote ancestors are buried. Your enumeration of this cemetery gave me much information then, when I was just 'starting out' to learn about my family. It spurred me to visit that cemetery. Now, I learn that you are connected to our MELTON family through Thomas Rogers! Small world! Marcie

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 1:07PM GMT
thanks. always glad to help out. so many people helped me along the way.

Re: Calcote family

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 12:37AM GMT
I too am related to the Calcotes. Do I have your information?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions