Search for content in message boards

Fisher's from New England...

Fisher's from New England...

Linda T. Doherty (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 8:28AM GMT
Wondered if there are any Fisher's from New England out there.
My fathers name is Arthur E. Fisher, had a sister Alice.
Their father ( my grandfather ) was Philip Fisher died in 1976 in Lowell, MA.
His brother was Charles Jr., moved to PA. The father we think was Charles Sr.
Before that they came from Cambridge England.
Don't know much more than that.
Thanks for any info, Linda:
My e-mail address is dlandscape@prodigy.net

Fisher from Mass.

Esther Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 8:05AM GMT
My husband's family come over on the Mayflower and one of them started a stained glass business in Ma.which became very well known. My husband's Great Grandparents were Cornelilus Fisher who married Sarah Ann Smith of Birmingham England at Boston. They had 7 children, Florence, Ada, Daisie, Ada May, Sarah and Arthur. My husbands grandfather was born at 97 Otis St. East Cambridge, Mass 9-26-1885. Then he later lived in Philadelphia Pa

Fisher from Mass.

Linda Doherty (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 8:56AM GMT
Hi Esther,
The info you posted is the closest to some the the infoI had been given on my fathers side of the family.
I will look into it more.
thnaks for the cambridge address, i will do some research. my grandfather was born in 1900 in Cambridge. Ma. , these could be his relatives !
I'll get back to you with what i find.
Thanks Linda

Re: Fisher's from New England...

Rebecca (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2005 4:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have Fisher's in my line in New England. My Great-Grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Fisher with a brother Edward (married to Gustafson and they had one son Larry) and sister Lillian. Her mother was Alice (Ellershaw)

Posted: 19 May 2008 9:32AM GMT
Surnames: Alice Ellershaw
Rebecca
Do you have any other details on Alice Ellershaw, I have a few in my tree. I am researching the Ellershaw name, my side came from the Lancashire and Manchester areas of England. I know that some emmigrated to the Brockton area of MA, USA and one even became Mayor for a short period. If this means anything to you I would like to hear from you.

Mark Ellershaw

Posted: 20 May 2008 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Ellershaw, Poitras, Phillips
Hi, Mark. I have an Alice Ellershaw born 1865 in Manchester, England. She married Samuel Fisher. Alice's Parents were Elizabeth Dean born 1840 who married Thomas Ellershaw. Alice's siblings were Joseph born 1873, Charlotte (no b/d) who married John Dearn. Leonard Ellershaw born 1874 who married Flora Harriman. Elizabeth (Polly) who married Samuel Bird. Lillian Ellershaw born 1878 and married John E. O'Keefe. William Ellershaw (no b/d) Alice and Samuel Fisher children are Mary Elizabeth (Mae - my ggm) born 1890 and married Peter F. Hughes and then married to Albert Gareis. Edward T. Fisher born 1892 and married Mae Gustafson. Llllian born 1896 and married Edward Gibbons. Need more further down? Are we related?

Posted: 20 May 2008 1:15PM GMT
Surnames: Ellershaw, Dearn, Fisher, Poitras, O'Keefe
Also I googled mayor in brockton and saw that Leonard H. Ellershaw was mayor of Brockton 1960-1961. Seems to be the same people. I look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Fisher from Mass.

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Fisher
My family is of Quaker descent. We have an Augustus G. Fisher. Born on the 17 December 1847 in Cherry Hills, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. His death was on the 15 Jun 1934 in Yeadon, Pennsylvania, USA. His father ?Augustus Fisher?
was born in 1838 in North Second St. Phila, Pa. His death was
in Addison Twp.,Somerset Co.,Pennsylvania date unknown.

Re: Fisher from Mass.

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 4:34AM GMT
"Augustus G. Fisher. Born on the 17 December 1847"

"His father ?Augustus Fisher? was born in 1838"

So, Augustus was born when his father was 9 years old
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions