Search for content in message boards

Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 12 Jan 2012 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I had other sync issues and ended up unlinking my tree (major pain since it was shared with a number of family members) and uploading a new tree. Had no problem with sync for a few days.

Now each time I've sync'd I'm getting the error shortly after the sync starts that says "The last sync failed. An error occurred while "Analyzing online changes". Please try again later.

I've compacted the file and rebooted my computer (which fixed the last sync error).

Any thoughts on what this means or solution for it?

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
ivykeep,

Please go to the Windows Control Panel, Region and Language menu and check the Format and Location tabs. What does the Format line say?

Russ

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 2:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Format line reads English (United States)

Short date; M/d/yyyy
Long date: dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy
Short time: h:mm tt
Long time h:mm:ss tt
First day of week: Sunday

I haven't changed these (ever) didn't even know they existed. However, I did recently apply at Windows update, so perhaps that created a problem.

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
ivykeep,

Some folks with Sync issues have found that Format line to be incorrect.

If you Compact your file, then Sync Now, do you still have this problem?

Russ

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 2:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes, I've compacted several times. It fails very quickly in the sync process.

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
It runs through connecting to server, preparing data to be downloaded from ancestry, downloading data from ancestry,analyzing data from ancestry and then it fails with the error "analyzing online changes" -- it doesn't touch (visibly anyway) any data in FTM.

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm having the same issue. Did you get your problem solved?

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have you seen this thread with Successful Sync Tips - http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.famtreemaker/9684...

Barbara

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
By "the same issue", do you mean that you're getting the "previous sync failed" error?

This happened to me recently, and getting around it was a multi-step process.

Part of the problem in my case was due to the way Ancestry had created marriage records from databases that don't list spouses. When I attached the corresponding records to my Ancestry project, it created hidden "unknown" spouses for each person (not visible from the website, but visible in FTM). Once these bogus "unknown" spouses had found their way into my FTM project, I was no longer able to sync successfully.

My solution (your mileage may vary) was to enter dummy names for the "unknown" spouses in FTM, then merge them with the real spouses and delete any duplicate citations, etc. After that, I was able to sync successfully again.

In general, whenever I've had sync failures, I restore my FTM database to the version prior to the last *successful* sync, and then re-sync. I also always generate and save a TreeSyncLog file, so that I can consult it to identify possible sources of corruption in the downloaded data from the website, and then fix them manually in FTM.

Hope this helps,
Darren Price

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 5:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm also having the exact same issue. I try to sync and I get the error message:

The last sync failed. An error occurred while "Analyzing online changes". You may want to restart FTM and try again later.

I called Ancestry.com and the only solution the tech could offer was to tell me to unlink my FTM from my tree and upload my FTM files as a new tree... at the cost of many hours of time and tons of file transfers and bandwidth. The Ancestry tech on Facebook isn't much help either, at this point.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions