Search for content in message boards

Help

Help

Robert Mctague (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mctague

Looking for any mctagues on the Internet in Ireland who would like to help my research.

McTague/McTigue/McTeague/Byrne/McPartlan

Posted: 13 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: McTague, McTigue, McTeague, Byrne, McPartlan
Some LDS FHC microfiche index entries:

1. Rose Byrne born 23 Dec 1865 to Pat Byrne and Bridget McTeague, Ballinamore.
2. Nabby McPartlan born 10 Nov 1866 to Patrick McPartlan and Mary McTigue, Drumshanbo.
3. Patrick McPartlan born 24 March 1864 to Patrick McPartlan and Mary McTague Drumshanbo.
4. Patrick McPartlan born 24 May 1864 to Patrick McPartlan and Mary McTague, Drumshanbo.

Dates for #3 and #4 (?). Please check Mormon computer records. Also, McTigue and McTague may be same family.

McTeague/McTeige/Gannon/Kilkeny/Prior/McGoun/McGowan

Posted: 18 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McTeague, McTeige, Gannon, McGoun, McGowan, Kilkeny, Prior
Similar-sounding surnames include McEntaggart, McTague, Tagerty, McTaggart, Tucker, McTigue, Keag, McKeag, Montague, Haig, Manton, Toker, Dacre, Doggart, Duckott, McTucker, McTeggart, Dougott, McDaker, Oldacre, Mountain, Keag, McKeag, Montague, McTernan, McTarnaghan, Ternaghan, McTierney, Turney, Tiernan, Cournane, Farnon, McFarnahan.

Co. Leitrim LDS FHC entries:
1. Anne McTeague born 02 Feb 1866 to John McTeague and Anne Gannon, Ballinamore.
2. Bridget McTeige born 08 July 1865 to John McTeige and Jane McGoun, Drumahaire.
3. Catherine McTeague born 15 March 1866 to Bernard McTeague and Catherine Prior, Ballinamore.
4. John McTeige born 05 Nov 1866 to John McTeige and Jane McGowan, Drumahaire.
5. Margaret McTeige born 03 March 1864 to John McTeige and Jane McGowan, Drumahaire.
6. Mary McTeige born 23 March 1864 to Henry McTeige and Margaret McGowan, Drumahaire.
7. Pat McTeague born 08 Feb 1866 to Pat McTeague and Anne Kilkeny, Ballinamore.

Please leave your query at this website, thank you!

McTague/Teggarty/McTeggart/McNamara/McAniff/Moran/Dolan

Posted: 18 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McTague, McAniff, Teggarty, Moran, Dolan, McNamara, McTeggart
Co. Leitrim entries:
1. Catherine McAniff born 24 April 1866 to Francis McAniff and Bridget McTague, Ballinamore.
2. Mary McAniff born13 July 1868 to Francis McAniff and Bridget McTague, Ballinamore.
3. Peter Moran born 27 Oct 1866 to Patrick Moran and Catherine Teggarty, Mohill.
4. Eliza Dolan born 05 Oct 1866 to Philiph Dolan and Alice McTague, Ballinamore (yes, that the spelling on the index).
5. Thomas McTeggart 13 June 1885 to John McTeggart and Mary McNamara, Mohill.

Please post queries to this website, thank you!

Genealogy

Ed Jones (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mctague
I am looking for the family members of Patrick Mctague
He was born in Dublin Ireland in 1820?
He ad a son Named John Mctague born March 17 1846,and
married Martha Lord kindred Of England
Thanks emj
Posted: 20 Oct 2001 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2006 2:27PM GMT
also looking for information on mctagues but we think came
originally from ulster (dreenan) can you help

Re: McTeague/McTeige/Gannon/Kilkeny/Prior/McGoun/McGowan

Janmarie Toker (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 1:27PM GMT
I was wondering what reply if any you received concerning the surname Toker. I believe my great grandfather was named John DePaul Toker and emigrated to the US from Ireland, leaving from Hull England, But that is about all I know.
Thanks

Re: McTeague/McTeige/Gannon/Kilkeny/Prior/McGoun/McGowan

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 4:27AM GMT
Surnames: Toker, O'Taugher
My mother's surname was Toker but she had been told it had been changed from O'Taugher in order to sound less Irish by an ancestor who'd emigrated from Ireland to the US from Hull, England.

Re: McTague/Teggarty/McTeggart/McNamara/McAniff/Moran/Dolan

Posted: 15 Oct 2011 12:22AM GMT
I was wondering if you would know if the Thomas McTeggart you mention had a photographic studio in Glebe St Mohill and if so what period his business operated. I'm trying to roughly date a picture taken at the abovementioned studios.

Any assistance appreciated

My email is paul__barrett@hotmail.com.

Regards Paul Barrett (Sydney Australia)
Posted: 1 Feb 2012 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: McTague - McTeague - McBrien
I also am searching - rather fruitlessly - for further info on the McTague's of County Leitrim - GM b. 1881 "Bridget"....later called "Bessie" and, once immigrated, married Hugh McBrien, Sr. of Attleboro, Massachusetts and was called "Beazie" - I think her father was Peter McTague but can't find anything to substantiate same, nor can I find any siblings, although I remember her speaking of siblings I don't remember what their names were (I was only about 6 when she died...) and everyone else that would have known has passed on. A sister did come to visit from Ireland once but I later found out it was her sister-"in-law", not blood kin....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic