Search for content in message boards

Bloomey, Blume, Green

Bloomey, Blume, Green

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Bloomey, Gilbert
Looking for any information on my grandmother Fannie Augusta Bloomey(Gilbert), daughter of Benjamin Bloomey & Triphenia Widger, b.16 June 1853 d.18 Aug 1926; had two sisters, Amelia Jane (Green)1850-1900 & Clara Charlotte (Ramsay) 1857-1925
Sisters born Sherbrooke,P.Q; all are buried in Malvern Cemetery, Lennoxville, P.Q.

Re: Bloomey, Blume, Green

Posted: 5 Mar 2011 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Fannie married Simon Albert Gilbert, son of Oliver & Hattie Henriette [Bourque]; Simon was born 6 Aug 1862 and died 22 March 1927. They had one son that I am aware of: Claude Christian Gilbert born Aug 1894 in North Haverhill, NH; he married an Emily Reta [possibly Reba] Inman in Ontario. Fanny may have had a second husband named Joseph Henry Sterling.

Posted: 5 Mar 2011 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Gilbert
Thank you Bandit1949 for your prompt reply. I confirm Fannie married my grandfather, Simon Albert Gilbert, son of Olivier G & Henriette Bourque. Simon died 22 March 1937. Had one son CC as you noted, born 17 Aug 1894 N Haverhill, N.H. who married Emily Reba Inman at Kingston, ON Canada, on 28 June 1917
Claude died 24 Jan 1969; Emily died 19 March 1979 and both buried at Mount Osborne Cemetery, Beamsville, ON. Fanny was previously married to Joseph Henry Sterling on 17 Sept 1885 but he died 24 Nov. 1886.You may wish to notate my changes for your record. Any further info on Bloomey.Green would be
appreciated.Thanks so much

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 8:06PM GMT
Thank you; I did note the changes you mentioned.

Re: Greens: A Thomas William Green who lists his parents as William Green and Amelia Bloomey on his marriage certifcate married a Blanche Susan Burnap 22 May 1907 in Harwick, VT.
Thomas W Green also went under the name William T Green; b. 9 Feb 1879 and died 21 Oct 1945 in Vermont.
In the 1910 Harwick VT Census, Thomas and Blanche are living with Carlos & Mary Green who are listed as 'grandparents'.

Grace Inez Green [13 Dec 1882 - 30 May 1972, Rutland VT] married Robert Fritz Pond 12 Jan 1907 in Newport VT. One child: Joyce Roberta Pond [23 Jul 1909 - 19 Apr 1985].

Haven't found anything on Walter Benjamin Green or Leo Ellsworth Green aft 1911.

Believe that William and Amelia had another son, Carlos Claude Green, who died as an infant [1881].

Hope this helps

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 10:39PM GMT
Thank you Bandit for this info.All I knew was Amelia & Wm Henry Green had a son,Thomas Wm b.8 Feb1879 at C of E, Sherbrooke, Que. (Drouin Image 9 of 27).He married Blanche Susan Burnap and died 21 Oct 1945 VT? Haven't a clue re Carlos & Mary Green. But may be Wm.Henry's parents. New to me and maybe you have more info here. Re Grace Inez her b. is same as my records. Her marriage and son is good news,too. Am so gratrful to have this thread. Are we related? I have no objections in sharing our e-mail address'? Mine is: d_gilbert@Rogers.com

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 10:39PM GMT
Thank you Bandit for this info.All I knew was Amelia & Wm Henry Green had a son,Thomas Wm b.8 Feb1879 at C of E, Sherbrooke, Que. (Drouin Image 9 of 27).He married Blanche Susan Burnap and died 21 Oct 1945 VT? Haven't a clue re Carlos & Mary Green. But may be Wm.Henry's parents. New to me and maybe you have more info here. Re Grace Inez her b. is same as my records. Her marriage and son is good news,too. Am so gratrful to have this thread. Are we related? I have no objections in sharing our e-mail address'? Mine is: d_gilbert@Rogers.com

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 11:46PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 1 May 2011 11:21PM GMT

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 2:10PM GMT
Sent you an email from my address on Monday; hope to hear from you

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Widger
Dear Sue, I have a hard copy of the Descendancy Chart of the Widger/Winget family, rec'd from our cousin Marie Milliken, Denver, whose ancestor mother Grace (Snelling) was Triphena's sister. Your ancestor indeed was Mary Ann Widger and Marie, referred above, was Mary Ann's sister, Johanna Davy Widger. Triphena was my great grandmother so Sue, we are cousins. I did get your e-mail but had to attend to a dear friend's death hence my silence but I'm home now.. I'd be grateful for your e-mail address. Bunch of things I'd like to share with you. So please reply soonest

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Widger
Dear Sue: I do not seem to have rec'd a response to my post herewith of 8 March. It was in reply to your message post of 6 March. I need your e-mail address please and will gladly give you further info on Triphena and the family.
Respectively,
Doug
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions