Search for content in message boards

St. Anthony Hospital Pocatello

St. Anthony Hospital Pocatello

Posted: 2 Feb 2010 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a photo of the old St. Anthony Hospital in Pocatello, ID. My wife, her sister, and my son were all born in that hospital. Her best friend was a candy-striper there. My mother-in-law worked there from 1959 to 1963. Please let me know if you can help.

Re: St. Anthony Hospital Pocatello

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
I didn't find a photo but here are some things that could help. I grew up in Pocatello, my second son was born there but they've remodeled many times and it doesn't look like it did back then. Last resort for me would be to contact the librarian and ask for help but I don't know if they do that.

It was called St. Anthony Mercy Hospital. There is an old town email contact that you may be able to ask for a photo:
otp@oldtownpocatello.com and there is a timeline about the hospitals in Pocatello with and interior photo, nothing exterior: http://www.portmed.org/historic-timeline/ ,you may be able to write to them and ask if they have historical photos. Also, I searched "pocatello historic images" and found some links you may want to check them out.

Good luck, Nancy

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 2:33AM GMT
I have been sent an early photo. I'll post it when I get to my main computer, tomorrow. I'm on my iPod today.

Nancy
sday13@comcast.net

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Talbot, Riggs
Nancy
Great! Looking forward to it. I couldn't find much on the two sites you referenced.
Jerry

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2013 2:33AM GMT
Here is a photo of the old St Anthony Mercy. My X's wife got it for me and said from "a lady from the Portneuf Medical Hospital who sent these back for you. The lady suggested the Pocatello Library might have some too."

If this doesn't work, I can email it direct.
Attachments:

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 10:26PM GMT
There is a picture of an old postcard of the hospital at http://www.flickr.com/photos/65359853@N00/6352033914/

Posted: 23 May 2014 2:19PM GMT
What has happened to the medical records from St. Anthony's? Thank you for your help!

Posted: 23 May 2014 8:57PM GMT
Judy
I have not tried to get records from the hospital. Most hospitals at least in Arizona, only save the records for 7 years. After that they are archived and it cost $50 to get one archived record. This according to my doctor.

Posted: 4 Aug 2014 9:45PM GMT
Here is the St. Anthony hospital right after it was built
Attachments:

Posted: 5 Aug 2014 11:32PM GMT
Thank you, Jerry.....I know some hospitals in Montana do keep records, but every state is different. I appreciate your reply!
Jude
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions