Search for content in message boards

Swiecicki / Swinciciki / Swiencicki connections

Swiecicki / Swinciciki / Swiencicki connections

Posted: 30 May 2002 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2008 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Swiecicki , Konieczny, Odorowski, Cukerman, Drzewicki, Jankowiak, Gielda
Searching for descendants of Maximilian and Frank Swiecicki, Arrived in US from Poland
in 1872 and lived in Branch county until about 1882 when they moved to Bay County. Max's first wife was Julianna Konieczny and second wife was Mary Odorowski Cukerman. Frank was married to Kate Drzewicki. In Bay County, Swiecickis are linked to Jankowiak
and Gielda families as well as others. Will share info.,

Re: Swiecicki / Swinciciki / Swiencicki connections

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2008 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Jankowiak, Swincicki, Swiecicki
I too have a connection to these families.

My great-grandfather was Philip Jankowiak (1857-1939) who was married to Marcyana Swincicki (Swiecicki) (1866-1924).

They settled in Bay City Michigan around 1882.

Any other information would be helpful. I do know that Philip was born in Poland, but I do not know where.

Posted: 7 May 2003 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Swiecicki, Jankowiak, Gielda, Czyz, Ratajczak
Hi Judy! Great to see your post. My great grandma, Ursula Jankowiak Gielda, was the sister of Phillip.Our great great grandfather,Thomas Jankowiak, also lived in BC, as did his sons, Matthew, Alex, and Michael. Thomas' brother, Martin, settled in Cheboygan,MI. The family of Phillip's first wife, Kate Ratajczak, came to the US in 1890. I have much info on these
families and am in contact with several descendants.
I have records for the family of Hedwig Czyz (wife of Thomas Jankowiak) in Poland to 1717. I would be delighted to share
them with you.
Please feel free to email me directly.
fran

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2008 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Swiecicki
Fran:
I may have information on Maximilian Swiecicki's decendents. I believe that he is my father-in-law, Tony Dubiel's grandfather. Tony's mother was Veronica Swiecicki. I have information on most of Veronica's decendents.

Please send an email message if you are intersted in learning more about the information that I"ve collected.

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2004 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Swiecicki, Swincicki, Swiencicki
Max and Julianna arrived in NY on 13 Jun 1872 from Bremen on the ship "Carl".
They traveled with their children Marianne age 3 (probably Marcianna) and "Georgine",
an infant of 10 months.
Also on the ship, is "Franz" age 25, who, I believe, is the brother of Max.
Please feel free to email me directly.

Posted: 26 Jun 2006 5:20PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2008 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Taberski, Jankowiack
I am indirectly related to Philip. His son Steven was the father of Delphes who married Regina Taberski who was my grandmothers cousin. I have info on the family from ( the Jankowiacks) and taberski's if you are interested.

Re: Swiecicki/Swinciciki/Swiencicki connections

Posted: 26 Jun 2006 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2006 3:46PM GMT
The son of philips son- Steven was married to the cousin of my grandmother- I would be interested in the info.
Thank you
Juli McClain

Re: Swiecicki/Swinciciki/Swiencicki connection

Posted: 28 Jun 2006 5:15PM GMT
Thank you for the information....I had in my notes that Stephen had moved to Detroit but nothing after that....Feel free to email me directly. I would be happy to share what info I have...
Fran

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 8:46AM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2008 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Swiecicki, Swiecicka
I was born in village Krymok (Radomyski Powiat, Gubernia Kijów) in Ukraine where till now there live one Poles.
This is very ancient place to which more than 750 years. My grandmother on my mother side has told to me that its grandmother Maria Swiecicka was from nobiliary family. When it has married not by birth, its family has refused it.
I know nothing about these Swiecicki. Only it is known, that the father of the Great-grandmother served at sir Jarushinski.

I shall be very grateful, if somebody will help to learn about sort Swiecicki in Ukraine.

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 1:19AM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2008 1:51PM GMT
Surnames: Swiecicki, Frej, Holubec
I'd be fascinated by any light anyone might be able to shed on my surname
(I may have miss-placed the accents etc but my father died ten years ago).

I have tried coming at my family history via two methods ? one traditional genealogy and the other via the NatGeo DNA route. The first only gets me back to my grandfather Anthony Swiecicki born in Busk, Poland in 1880 and to my Grandmother's parents Tomasz Frej
born in Eastern Poland in 1850 and married to Marie Holubec. My father's family owned land in the Lvov area in the 1920's.

The DNA route has got me as far as belonging to Haplogroup N (LLY22G)Uralic-speaking peoples migrating/invading from the southern Siberia region into western Europe around 8,000BC. The gap between the two is proving stubbornly difficult to close :-) even the faintest hints as
to derivation of the surnames or relations to other Swiecicki/Frej/Holubecs would be great.

One last favor - any pointers for other data sources would be really useful as I have hit a bit of a brick wall in my research especially as there is no one left in the family who speaks Polish.

Thanks,
Tony Swiecicki
HCMC, Vietnam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions