Search for content in message boards

Jones Family Research

Jones Family Research

Linda Husband (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones
I am searching for descendants of David and Elizabeth Jones who moved to Trumbull, from Wales, with two infants, David jnr and Sarah, sometime between the years 1857-1863. Four children were born in Trumbull - John B,Elizabeth, Susan and James. John was born at Mineral Ridge and married Ida Walther and he died in 1918 at Cuyahoga. David and Elizabeth (Parents) are both buried Warren, Trumbull. I am a descendant of David Jones Jnr. who came to New Zealand. Would like contact with anyone who may be connected

Jones in Trumbull/Mahoning

Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: RICHARDS, HELLAWELL, JONES
Hello - I have a Charles JONES, age 18 living with the WIlliam RICHARDS family in Trumbull county in 1860. He was listed as born in Pennsylvania. Williams mother, who had come to this country with him in 1840 from Wales or England, had just died at this time. her maiden name was Ann JONES. I imagine CHarles was a relative. Also, in the 1850 Mahoning County census (next county over and very close to where they lived in Trumbull County) census, living next to William and Mary Ann HELLAWELL RICHARDS were Stephen Jones age 30 and a collier from Wales and John E. Jones, 35 collier from Wales. I would like to know some Jones' too!

Jones

Robert G. Harris (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Davis, Jones, Thomas
Just a bit of information that may( or may not ) contribute to your search my GreatGrandmother was Elizabeth Jones. She was married to Thomas Harris in Wales prior to coming to Trumbull/Mahoning County in about 1869 with four sons. We have been trying for years to nail down the location of their birthplaces, marriage, birth of children...with confusing results. As of now the best bet is for births in CMN , with marriage in Merthyr Tydfil, GLA and christening of three sons in Merthyr Tydfil also. There are so many Jones families...as well as Harris in Wales it is very difficult to sort it all out. But for what it is worth, perhaps we have some common Jones ancestors...Best to you and your search

Re: Jones

Patti Duro (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2001 2:31AM GMT
I have some Jones' from Wales to add to the mix. Morgan T Jones, wife Ann Davies Jones both born in Wales came to US in 1868 with children Benjamin, Thomas and Mary. Benjamin was easy to find info on in Trumbull Co. but his father Morgan eludes us accept that in 1874 he married Charlotte Thomas (also from Wales) and had more children -Lilly b. 1876, David b 1878, William b. 1880, and Nellie. We have no death places or dates for Morgan, Ann, or Charlotte.

Re: Jones Family Research

Posted: 16 Sep 2006 10:34PM GMT
My gf was James Jones ( born 29 Jul 1865, OH ) married to Annie Lindsay. My grandfather's death certificate shows his parents as David and Sarah Jones born in Wales. Some censuses show James' mother as being born in England. My grandfather's obituary states he had a sister Elizabeth Jones Brill from Mineral Ridge and a brother William from Brownsville (either PA or OH).

My gf James or Jay as he was sometimes called died 20 Sep 1920 in McKeesport , PA.

Does this sound familiar to any of your research.

Posted: 13 Apr 2008 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Jones/Jones
My ggf was David Jones married to Elizabeth Jones on 19 Sep 1853 in Llanover, Monmouth, Wales - I have the marriage certificate. David's father was a farmer John Jones and Elizabth's father was a tailor William Jones. One witness was a Celia Jones who I believe was David's mother. I have the Welsh birth certificates of David John Jones (13 Oct 1854) and Sarah Ann Jones (23 Dec 1856). They had at least five more children - a female that I cannot make out the name (1860), Elizabeth B. (1 Aug 1864), James (29 Jul 1865 ) - my grandfather, John William Jones (1867) and Susan (1869). I have a tintype that shows David and Elizabeth with with five of their children (picture probably take about 1868). This sounds like your family.

Posted: 7 Nov 2008 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: BRILL JONES
I believe that Elizabeth Jones Brill was the w/o Charles W. Brill of Mineral Ridge (Trumbull Co.), Ohio. My side of the Brills arrived in Trumbull County about 1880 - possibly being related to the Mineral Ridge Brills.

Please contact about possible connections.

Thanks -- Ed

Posted: 8 Nov 2008 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Jones Brill Crooks
Yes, my great aunt was Elizabeth JONES BRILL married to Charles W. BRILL of Mineral Ridge, Ohio. Do you know what relation you are to Charles W. BRILL? I just recently have confirmed that the David and Elizabeth JONES family that I have been following in Wales and Mineral Ridge are indeed my ggps. I have the marriage cert of my ggps from Wales and the birth cert, death cert and obituary for David John JONES, their first son born in Wales and the birth and death cert for Sarah Ann JONES CROOKS. I also have a paper that discusses land issues after my ggf and ggm passed away. David John was the guardian for the rest of the children.
I wrote letters to all the BRILLs in the area of Mineral Ridge. About 50% of them wrote back but they wrote to say they did not know of my great aunt Elizabeth JONES BRILL.

Thanks,
Sheila
per page

Find a board about a specific topic