Search for content in message boards

Skoyen family history

Skoyen family history

Judy Skoyen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Skoyen
Hi, my name is Judy Skoyen and my husband and I have been trying to look up his family history. All that we know so far is his Grandparents names Norman&Doris Skoyen. They were both born in Canada but Norman's Parents immigrated from Norway. Any Info. would be very helpfull.
Trevor & Judy Skoyen

Re: Skoyen family history

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 3:59AM GMT
Hi My name is Erica. My grandparents names are also Norman and Doris and my fathers name is Norman Eric Skoyen. I have 1 sister and we both have children if you would like more information please email me

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 10:36PM GMT
This is too little information!

When did they immigrate?
When was their father and mother born, married
In Norway census 1900 it is over twenty that are using the surname Skøyen

Kåre in Norway

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 4:16AM GMT
Norman and Doris were born in South Dakota and then immigrated to southern Saskatchewan. My father has a brother Eric but I haven't talked with him since I was a little kid! We are in northern Alberta now... thanks for any information you can give me!

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 8:22PM GMT
I am a Skoyen descendant.

Here is the info I have. John Skoyen (born Jul 1884)married Isabella Grainger (b May 1888). John was born in Wisconsin and immigrated to Canada/Saskatchewan in 1906 and became a citizen in 1909. They had several kids but I don't have all their bdates. Eleanor, Eric, Victor (d. 1964, married Mary and had two kids - Larry and Louise), Norman (b. 1925, d 1988, married Doris b. 1927, d. 1995 - had five kids: Betty, Victor, Margaret,Valerie and Eric), John/Jack (b. 1910 Had 3 wives? Winnie, Joan and Molly - 3 kids: Donny, Gail and Charlotte), Irma (married Al Larocque and had 2 kids: Gary and Brian) and Anna (Anna is my maternal Grandmother b. 1917 d. 1990)

I do have a copy of the SK 1911 Census that shows John & Isabella's info if you would like it. I also have a copy of their land claim.

Take care, cuz :)

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 1:53PM GMT
Dear Erica
I am a cousin of yours eric was my uncle we lost contact of you girls when you were tiny. sure would love to reconnect. I know my dad would love to see yous.
Teresa (skoyen) Hovelkamp

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 2:07PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2012 2:15PM GMT
In 1905 The Skoyen family was living in Hale, Trempeleau county, Wisconsin.

John's parents were Anton J. Skoyen (born ca. 1852 in Norway), and his wife, Ida A. Olsen (born ca. 1860, also in Norway).

John's sister, Anna M. Skoyen, was born in Hale, WI, on 22 Sep 1885.

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 10:45PM GMT
Hi Teresa This is Erica, I havent been oon here in so long I forgot my login information and had to make a new one. If you still use this could you send me a message back please :)

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 2:27AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2013 7:31PM GMT
hi, bryan larocque here, my mom irma skoyen passed 2 years ago,july.her dad was john skoyen her mom isabella grainger of creemore ontario. my dad (albert larocque) passed in 1980. my brother gary larocque lives in aurora ont. i'm in richmondhill, for 65 yrs.my mom grew up in davidson sask, her mom passed early and her dad remarried.her brother jack was in the sask dragoons during the second world war.mom came to ajax ont to become a bomb girl as did many of the girls in sask.she told me her dad was a cabinet maker back in norway.her sister ann was her favorite as she punched out a few boys in moms defense when in grade school.

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 2:31AM GMT
hi, would like a copy of the sk 1911 census, thanks, bryan larocque, 480 paliser cres,s. richmondhill,ontario,L4C1S4.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions