Search for content in message boards

George E DORMAN/Isabelle (MANN) DORMAN Obit needed

George E DORMAN/Isabelle (MANN) DORMAN Obit needed

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dorman
George Dorman died 8/1960
Isabelle Mann Dorman died 5/1985

Both died in Albany County, they lived in Delmar...

Looking for their obits, so I can get my grandparents death certificates

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you...
dnalaurent@sbcglobal.net

Re: George E DORMAN/Isabelle (MANN) DORMAN Obit needed

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 6:06PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2011 6:09PM GMT
Only death notices, no full obituaries

Albany Times Union of Thurs, Aug. 11, 1960
DORMAN - George E. of 12 Pineview Ave., Delmar. Aug. 9, 1960, husband of Isabelle Mann, father of Mrs. Alan C.. Weess of Barrington, R. I.; brother of Mrs. Charles Felton and Mrs. Frank Teetsell of buffalo, NY, he is also survived by three grandchildren.
Funeral services at the Tebbutt Chapel, 420 Kenwood Ave., Delmar, on Friday morning at 11 o'clock. Friends may call at the chapel Thursday evening from 7 to 9. Instead of sending flowers those who wish may make contributions to the Memorial Hospital Building Fund.

From Albany Times Union of May 29, 1985
DORMAN - Isabelle M. Dorman of 12 Delmar Place, May 28, 1985, wife of the late George E. Dorman, mother of Mrs. Alan C. (Nancy) Weess of Northbrook, IL, grandmother of Alison Herchenback, Jeffrey and Steen Weess.
Service at Marshall W. Tebbutts Sons, 420 Kenwood Avenue, Delmar, Wedneday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Those who wish may make contributions to the Delmar Rescue Squad.

The NYS Archives of vital records has a death certificate listing for a
George E. Dorman who died on 8/9/1960, at age 58. It lists place of death as Amsterdam, NY. The NYS VR Record is # 56685. The certificate itself might list his parents names, etc. You can obtain it from NYS.

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dorman
Thank You PCarey99...

I was wondering if you can email me a scan of the obit for Isabelle?? Just curious if that is available....
I will order the DC for George...it helps having His Death Place and number...no place or number for Isabelle??

Okay...thank you again so very much for taking your time to help me... =)
Alison Laurent
dnalaurent@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 8:58PM GMT
not in the death notice - and you have to be dead for 50 years before NYS will list you in the public archives. So - we can only look in the archives for deaths up through 1961.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic