Search for content in message boards

Michael Coffee/Coffey b.1814 Ireland

Michael Coffee/Coffey b.1814 Ireland

Posted: 6 May 2013 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello everyone! I'm looking for any info on Michael Coffee, b.1814 in Ireland, went to Canada as a young adult or with his family. Got married, most likely in Canada, to Mary, had a daughter named Julie/Julia in Canada around 1834. At some point was in the Westvliet/West Troy/Troy area of New York approx. 1850 or ealier. And at some point later may have been in Holyoke, MA. Daughter Julie married John Collopy and lived in Holyoke and eventually died there in 1889. Any clues? Thanks,
Pam

Re: Michael Coffee/Coffey b.1814 Ireland

Posted: 7 May 2013 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Coffee, Coffey, Fisher, Fischer, Taggart, O'Connor
Hi I am related to a Coffee/Coffey family who emigrated from Ireland to Canada/New York about the time yours did. As there were so few Coffee's in New York State at the time there is some likelihood they were connected.

Do you know anything more about your Michael Coffee?? For example where in Ireland he was born; any contemporary relatives names; the names of his parents.

My family "starts" with Dennis & Catherine O'Connor Coffee in Ireland around 1790 and they had 3 sons that I know of Charles, Dennis & Patrick all of whom migrated to the US (NY) through Canada.

Anyway here's hoping there is a connection because that side of the family basically is dead-ended in the US.

Posted: 7 May 2013 11:53PM GMT
I wish I had more information about this Michael Coffee, the possible connection in Ireland may be Co. Limerick. No one that I'm aware of has done any genealogy on this part of my family and I will do my best to reverse the deadend here. If you you can think of anuthing else let me know. Other lines I'm working on are Norton's also from Ireland, Co. Kildare. They are a bit of a deadend also, I've made some progress. It motivates me when I see that a particular family line start to die out, that's the last thing I want to happen, so sad. Stay in touch and thanks.
Pam
pam.hubbs@gmail.com

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 11:56AM GMT
Hi Claire,
Sorry for delay in replies. My Michael Coffey did go to Canada and had most of his family there before moving to Watervleit, NY. His wife is Mary Coning/Kounin. Do you have more information? One of his daughters was Julie who married John Collopy and moved to Mass. If you don't have this information let me know. I have most of the family unit without spouses.
email pam.hubbs@gmail.com
Take care,
Pam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions