Search for content in message boards

Joshua Gore (abt 1710) on down to me (NC & SC)

Erick T. Bieger (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gore, Reaves, Simmonds, Housand, Nicholas, Warwick, Bieger
from what i know, i come from two lines of gores -

joshua gore (branch #1) married ? -> william m. gore married mary simmonds -> john gore married rhoda caroline reaves -> mary gore married john george gore (branch #2) -> william edward gore married hellon eliza reaves -> samuel r. gore married leonora housand -> mary gore married jay edward nicholas -> marie alta nicholas married thomas jefferson warwick -> jean marie warwick married everett emerson bieger -> and that bring you to me, erick thomas bieger.

if anyone can help me go further back or fill in some blanks, i would greatly appreciate it.

i also have a lot more information if anyone needs some.

i'm particularly interested in following the reaves surname.

erick t. bieger
godcomplex@msn.com

Joshua Gore

Sarah Williams (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gore, Simmons, Hickman, Ludlum, Edwards
No one has found anything farther than Joshua that I know of. My line follows Joshua's son Jonathan>Joseph>John>Issac>Lenora>Margaret Edwards>Annie Brady>Melinda Mahaney>Sarah Williams, me.

We should compare info. Email me and we can work something out. By the way, have you been in contact with Sharon Gore Wood yet?

Joshua Gore - ABT 1715 - NC , VA, TX

Sharon Denise Gore Wood (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gore, Cook, Dodd, Edens
Hello Erick and Sarah:

I would like to let anyone know if you are researching this family or any Gore's from NC SC VA AL TN TX please contact me. Some Gore's have come together to help each other with their research. You could be our missing branch and we could have yours. woodclan@hypercon.com

Vicky L. Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GORE
Erick, your William Edward Gore was the brother of my g-g-grandmother, Prudence Gore. Please check out my home page and let me know if you have any corrections.

Vicky

John son of Jesse son of Joseph

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2002 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: Gore, Sing, Jenrette, Benton
I would love to know what part of NC you are from My ggg-father was Joseph Gore and I believe He would have been born in the late 1700s .

memajudy252@cs.com

Joshua Gore

Sharon Gore (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gore
For what it is worth, my line travels from Joshua Gore born around 1710 in Virginia. Joshua died in Duplin/Sampson C. NC and was buried in Duplin/Sampson C. NC. He and his spouse who has not been identified had 4 children. He had a son John Kenyon Gore who married Martha Bennett, (which is all I know about that). Samuel J. Gore was the son of John Kenyon and Martha Bennett and I believe there to be 3 other siblings. Samuel J. married Lucy P. Hodges and they had 11 children. Samuel was born in Wilmington, NC and Lucy was born in Dooley County, Ga, He 9/9/1847 and she 10/24/1846, they both died in Cocoa Beach, Fl, he in 1917, and she in 1919.

Joshua Gore

Sarah Williams (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gore, Simmons, Edwards, Hickman, Benton
You're saying John Kenyon is a son of Joshua Gore b. abt 1710? I've never heard that before. I have Joshua's sons as: James b. 1760, William M. b. 1753, Jonathan b. 1735 and John R. b. 1747.

I'd like to know more about your Gores, I haven't seen them listed by any other cousins.
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2002 6:06AM GMT
Surnames: gore, bilbrey
Is this Prudence the same that married Laurence Bilbrey or another Prudence? I've been searching for the name of her parents.I have only the info that she was born in N.C.ABT.1780.thank you.

Prudence GORE

Vicky L. Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GORE
This is a different Prudence. She was born 26 Oct 1828 and died 30 Jul 1900.

Vicky

John K or John R????

Elizabeth Ann Gore (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gore
Everything I have found says that John R. Gore, born in 1747 in what was later Duplin Co. NC is the son of Joshua, not John K.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions