Search for content in message boards

Wurts families of KY & PA

Wurts families of KY & PA

Reed M. W. Wurts (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wurts, Grandin, Cartwright, Nicholls, Henry, Ravenscraft, McKnight, Chinn, Biggs, Peters, Eicher, Litteral, Pennington, Johnson, Bowie, Savage, Hurn, Walker, Young, Wade, West, Wallingford, Russell, Swop, Steele, Nare, Chambers, Kiser, Yates, Crain, Carroll, Washburn, Manor, Welch, Osten, Posey, Ball, Franklin, Castle, Crance
Looking for info on all Wurts families in Carter Co., KY, as well as in Greenup, Boyd and Lawrence counties in KY, neighboring counties including Lawrence Co, OH and Fayette Co., PA. Please visit my web site and contact me.

WURTS/WURTZ

Mary Wurtz Thrasher (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WURTZ, JUNKERSFELD
Saw your post and was just wondering about the spelling of WURTS. We spell ours with the "z" and I am unsure of any of my family being in Kentucky (other than maternal side of HUMPHREY and OWENS), but thought I would ask.

My people came from Trier Region of Germany to Arkansas. I know they had to have had some sponsors for the trip.

Just curious. Thanks for your time.

Wurts Origin > Switzerland

Reed Wurts (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wurts, Wirz
My immigrant ancestor Rev. Johannes Conrad Wirz came from Zurich, Switzerland, arriving in Philadelphia on May 29th 1935. I have a database of (so far) known descendants on my web site, most of whom used the Wurts (with an "s") spelling, although some changed it to Wirts or Werts. A number of public records in NJ, NY, and some PA, have family members recorded as Wurtz, although they were apparently known to their family as Wurts (???). Some of the descendants settled in Fayette Co., PA, and later Greenup and surrounding counties in KY (Boyd, Lawrence and Carter Co.).
The History of Greenup Co., KY, co-authored by Nina Mitchell Biggs erroneously lists Wurtemburg, Germany as the origin of the Wurts brothers, who were actually great-grandson's of J. C. Wirz mentioned above.
Also on my site is an account of the journey from Switzerland as printed in articles published by the Pennsylvania-German Society.

Litteral, Yates

Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: Withrow, Gollihue, Yates
Hello,
I can not get to your database - I have a Thomas Yates born 1891 (wife Etta Williams) and a Rebecca Litteral born 10/1/1801 in Lawrence County, (husband William Withrow) Do you have these two families? TIA Betty

Ravenscraft surname

Connie Ravenscraft Lynch (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ravenscraft
I was looking at your article. My maiden name was Ravenscraft. I have been able to locate the Ravenscraft
family tree back to 1795 through a relative, if I could
be of any help please e-mail me back.

Thank You,

Connie Ravenscraft Lynch
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2002 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Annemarie Wirz, Ernst Wirz
Family lists Langental and Huttwil, Bern, Switzerland
as the origns. Annemarie married a husband Roger
Redfield Balke 1936 in Switzerland and 5 children.
Ernst was married to Lina Schwarzer. I don't know if this
connects with what you got. If not, forget it. Lee

Re: Ravenscraft surname

Anne Crabtree (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2002 1:52PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2002 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: RAVENSCRAFT, MYERS
Connie, I am looking for information on Rebecca Ravenscraft who married Frank Myers (born in Germany) and had at least one child, John William Myers. John Willims children were born in Ohio. Do you have anything on this Ravencraft line?

Anne Crabtree

Re: Wurts families of KY & PA

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 8:10PM GMT
My G-G-grandfather is a Henry Wurts of whom I have found little information. His son, James, was born in Fayette Co, Pa 17 March 1836. Information I have is that Henry moved to Ohio, where I don't know for sure but said to be near WVa border.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions