Search for content in message boards

Mary JEFFERSON, daughter of Field JEFFERSON

Mary JEFFERSON, daughter of Field JEFFERSON

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 1:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2003 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Nichols
Please inform me by private e-mail if you have any information whatever on Field Jefferson's daughter Mary, who married William Nichols. I've been searching for years for the encestry of this William Nichols. Thank you for any help you may offer! R. Albritton

Re: Mary JEFFERSON / William NICHOLS

Posted: 4 Aug 2000 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2005 2:11AM GMT
Sorry, i couldn't find your private e-mail. but... Mary Jefferson -Field's daughter the no. 5 th child. married a Mr. Nichols (Julius Nichols) prior to june 1762. they had 2-children. 1. William Nichols and 2.Susanna Nichols who she married Charles Robertson of Rockingham, Richmond Co. N.C.

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 7:55AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2003 1:16AM GMT
June Thanks so much for taking your time to answer my query. I've tried for years to find PROOF that the William Nichols, whom Mary Jefferson married was the son of JULIUS NICHOLS of Bute Co. NC. I must correct your data where you stated that Mary was the wife of JULIUS Nichols. In the will of her father, Field Jefferson, he "bequeths to my daughter Mary Nichols the labor of a negro man slave named Robin during the absence of her husband WILLIAM NICHOLS. I would like for us to get together on the line, since my ancestor was Julius Nichols (who had a son William) of Bute Co.NC My e-mail address is rosereed@ctesc.net Please try to write me personally . . I have lots to share on this line Looking forward to hearing from you Rosanne . .in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas

Anne Nichols Poole (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 1:18PM GMT
For anyone looking for the connection of Field Jefferson's daughter, Mary, who married William Nichols, I am the correct link. Thomas Jefferson's grandfather was my 10th great-grandfather and I am the correct Nichols for this link. If anyone wants to contact me about this I will be very glad to share info and become acquainted with some of my other relatives out there! Feel free to e-mail me at bodyhunterap@webtv.net.
Anne Nichols Poole

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 10:21PM GMT
Hi Anne: Your superb research has helped link my GGG grandfather Solomon Nichols to Field Jefferson. The will naming the husband of Mary Jefferson as William Nichols is critical. The DNA studies you all have done help to confirm the identity of our male Nichols line. Thank you all for inviting me to the Nichols family site. Andy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions