Search for content in message boards

Sheffield Abbott/Dodd/Barker/Edley/Kerry

Sheffield Abbott/Dodd/Barker/Edley/Kerry

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Abbott Dodd Barker Edley Kerry
Hi
Looking for cousins of the Abbott Family in Sheffield UK.
Names are Hetty Abbott who was married twice, childrens names David Barker Gail Barker and Nina Dodd.
Amy Abbott who married Charles Edley and their children were
June, Dawn, Lorraine and Peter.
Edith Abbott married Vincent Kerry and their child was Jean.
All I believe were born in Sheffield.
If anyone can help please let me know.
Thank you
J Davies

Re: Sheffield Abbott/Dodd/Barker/Edley/Kerry

Posted: 22 Jun 2013 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: semper; abbott;
Hi jdavidesgregor, I'm also looking for a connection to Hetty Abbott, but with a St. Kitts connection. So far no luck. I got my info from Generations.kn, and it's coming up a lot different than your, but it might still be a light wire, so follow up on that site and see if you can recognize any familiar names. (PS - It's best to just do a surname search, that way anyone associated with that surname will pop up.

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 11:31AM GMT
What's the connection to Wales here?

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Semper
Hi Bromaelor,

Thanks for replying to my post. I don't know if there is a connection to Wales, but the family does hail from England. I found direct line descendants connected to Dunston, Lincolnshire, England. I don't know exactly where they fit on my tree as yet, but I know that they tie into it, because we've been following the trail of activity for very specific members, including trip logs and boat manifests from St. Kitts, and they lead us to the doorsteps of many of them. As it turns out, Hetty, is an alias. The correct name is Henrietta. We found two Henerietta Abbotts connected to St. Kitts: Henrietta Phipps (DOB-Dec. 6, 1876 to Frances Phipps of Dieppe Bay, which is of note, because the Phipps surname is also genealogically connected to the Semper family. However, believe that the other one-Christina Henrietta Jones (DOB June 6, 1859), who's mother is Ruth Abbott of Mathews is more likely the direct-line ancestor to my mother's mother (Frances Semper) whose mother on record is simply listed as Mary Semper-Dieppe Bay.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 1:31PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2013 1:32PM GMT
Then I think you have posted to the wrong board? This is the Wales Board. You might want to re-post to the England or the Yorkshire Board (for Sheffield)?

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 10:10PM GMT
Hi
Will re-post on Yorkshire and english boards
Thanx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic