Search for content in message boards

Mary Campbell Shaw from NC

Mary Campbell Shaw from NC

Robert Regan (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2005 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shaw
My great-great-great aunt, Mary Campbell, m. Archibald Shaw,moved to Catahoula Parish from Bladen County, NC sometime in the early 19th century. She was born in 1801, and I'm thinking it was maybe in the 1830's or 1840's. Does anyone know of any Shaws still living in the are who may be descendants?

Re: Mary Campbell Shaw from NC

Larry Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 3:17AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2006 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Campbell
Hello Robert, My wife is a 3rd great grandaughter of Archibald & Mary (Campbell) Shaw of Bladen Co., NC. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Shaw (d/o Archibald & Mary) married David Joy and lived on the Old Mary Shaw Place near Pine Grove Cemetery near White Hall, Cat. Par, La. I am a Local Historian and have a large photo collection of this area. If interested please contact me through email. larry547@centurytel.net

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 6:53PM GMT
Robert,
Did you get any info on Mary Campbell Shaw? I just found out she had 6 children in total (I thought only 3): unknown female who married a Ramsey (had a daughter Mary); Eliza who married a Joy, Melissa who married a Breithaupt, James (not sure what happened to him); Artimissa (not sure what happened to her); and Mary who married an Adams. Mary Campbell Shaw is my GGG Grandmother through Eliza Shaw Joy. Wish I had pics to share but don't have any.

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
Hey My family origianated from Bladen Co to North La near Kurthwood Im a decendant of Mary Anna Campbell Shaw her parents were Angeline Spaulding and Daniel Campbell

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 1:50PM GMT
I've obtained a book called "Scattered Seeds" by Myrtle Bridges which list the Campbells of Bladen CO. A very interesting read. Do you know anything of my family Mary Campbell Shaw who married Archibald Shaw in Bladen and moved to LA??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic