Search for content in message boards

Rellihan Family

Rellihan Family

Jim Relihan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2002 3:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Relihan
Looking for any members of the Rellihan (or Relihan) family.
Going to Ireland at the end of this July and would like to know more about my family history.

Re: Rellihan Family

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 5:05PM GMT
My grtgf was Patrick William Rellihan, was born in Iowa , 1862,his parents appear to be Thomas and Jane who were born in Ireland about 1821 or so. Haven't been able to come up with much over there except most Rellihan's (with 1 L or 2) seems to be mostly in Kerry county, I'm going to try to get over there next year, hopefully with more ancestry knowledge than I have now, good luck. My tree is young family tree and I am usmcvet01 Randy Young

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2012 6:59PM GMT
You are leaving this a bit late for finding some background.

The easiest thing to do would be to send some letters ahead but there is no way there is enough time to respond to your requests.

The telephone book shows 21 Rellihan listed in Cork
8 Castleroche/Relihan 6
10 Mallow/Relihan 10
2 Macroom/Relian 2
2 Donaughmore/Relihan 2
1 Midleton/Relihan 1

Usually the telephone book requires EXACT spelling but no so sure in this case as the numbers are about the same.

There are 68 Parish's in West Cork, 110 in East Cork and 71 in N.W. Cork.

A little more information is required. Do you have any names and dates? There are two places to go to find records once you are there, there is a History Foundation located in Kildare that has the North-East portion of Cork and
a South-West genealogy office independant of the History Foundation.

If you are planning on visiting Parish's you should take the phone numbers of the Clergy and make appointments to see parish registers or have help with same. If you know the parishes you can visit ones where your ancestors lie
and take digital pictures (no sun if possible) or take rubbings on the ones too worn out to take a picture of.
Some white tissue paper used for wrapping gifts and a couple of black wax crayons do the job.

www.corkandross.org/parishes

Annette Code

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 11:24AM GMT
sent you a PM

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2013 2:47PM GMT
This may well be your Thomas, son of Thomas and Catherine

http://www.bmdnotices.com/in-memoriam/viewremembrance.aspx?r...

Frank
per page

Find a board about a specific topic