Search for content in message boards

REYNOLDS, Loyalist line of Kinderhook area

RE: SPENCER, MUDGE

Robert P. Addleman (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SPENCER, KETCHUM, MUDGE
I descend from Mary Spencer, sister of Lucy Spencer, who married Micah Mudge. MARY SPENCER, b 1725 (Haddam, CT); m EPHRAIM KETCHUM 2 Apr 1746 (Wilton, Fairfield Co., CT) and later purchased the mill on 2 Feb 1764 in Salisbury, CT from Lucy & Micah Mudge. They kept it one year and sold it on 12 Mar 1765. I've been able to only discover a little concerning this time. The Ketchum's soon migrated into NY.

REYNOLDS, Loyalist line of Kinderhook area

Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2005 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: REYNOLDS, MUDGE, SPENCER
Looking for more information on the following folks that lived in Kinderhook area of Columbia County, NY during the American Rev. War and shortly there after....until moving to Ontario, Canada. Elizabeth Mudge, daughter of Micah Mudge and Lucy Spencer of Sharon, Litchfield Co., CT, m. William Reynolds, b. Wetherfield, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA. He is listed among those who served as a Cornet for the King in the Rev. War. Children:
Pyler Reynolds, b. 1766, Jerusha Reynolds, b. 1774, Rebecca Reynolds, b. 1778, Sarah Reynolds, b. 1774, William Reynolds, Jr., b. 1776, Nathaniel Reynolds, b. 1777, Lucy Reynolds, b. 1787, Richard Reynolds, b. 1780, John Reynolds, b. February 09, 1786, Clyneskill, NY, USA also reported as Kinderhook, NY, George Reynolds, b.1782, Alexander "Henry" Reynolds, b. 1791.
Notes on John Reynolds, Bishop son of William and Elizabeth: Bishop Reynolds was born in Clynekill, New York, not far from the he city of Hudson, Feb 9, 1786. His parents removed from Waterford, a town situated on the Hudson River, a few miles above the city of Troy to Canada, in the year 1796, and settled in Burford, on the Grand River in 1797.
Can anyone add or connect to this family?

Re: REYNOLDS, Loyalist line of Kinderhook area

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 4:03PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: REYNOLDS
I AM LOOKING FOR A RUFUS REYNOLDS BORN ABOUT 1819. TRAVELLED OVER TO VT AND QUEBEC BORDER TO BE WITH 'COUSINS' THAT IS CLARK REYNOLDS, BENJAMIN , AND JAMES. HE WENT BACK TO ONTARIO AND MY ANCESTOR OSCAR REYNOLDS THEN SETTLED IN FRANKLIN CO. VT. ALL THOSE COUSINS LOST LAND IN POWNAL VT AS LOYALISTS. I BELIVIE THERE IS ACONNECTION.

RE: SPENCER, MUDGE, KETCHUM

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 12:58PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Seely, Mudge, Henderson, Beach, Price
Are your Ketchum's related to the Ketchum's in Ketchumville, Broome County, NY? I descend from the Mudge line.

RE: SPENCER, MUDGE, KETCHUM

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 6:02PM GMT
My Ketchum line is futher south and connects to my Meadows line in VA. I am 1/2 Yankee and 1/2 rebel it seems <grin>.

RE: SPENCER, MUDGE

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 6:07PM GMT
Bob are you the same one who is also related to the Meadows from VA?
Cheryl

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 6:19PM GMT
I don't have much on the other Reynolds lines. My line consisted of the following children of William Reynolds and wife Elizabeth Mudge: Sarah who died in her late teens or early 20's, William Reynolds, Jr. who married Sarah Stevens and their line ended up going to Missouri 2 generations down from him, Nathaniel Reynolds, who was presumed dead about the time of the War of 1812, Rebecca Reynolds, who was reported as having died in the early 1810's, Richard Reynolds who was reported either dead or missing sometime during the War of 1812, John Reynolds (Bishop) who moved to Belleville area after becoming a Methodist Bishop, George Reynolds who snuck away in the middle of the night with his wife in a canoe back to the US so he wouldn't have to fight in the War of 1812 and ended up in Paw Paw, MI, Lucy Reynolds who was also reported to have died in her late teens or early 20's with no issue, and my Alexander "Henry" Reynolds who lived in Nilestown, Ontario, Canada and married a French Canadian lady, Victorie Stephanie "Fanny V." Descomps dit Labadie. The names of these folks Aunts and Uncles I haven't been able to nail down as of yet. If and when I do, I will post them here to this list.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 5:48AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 11:19PM GMT
I am not sure if you were asking about Lucy Spencer who married Micah Mudge or not.
She was the daughter of John Spencer co-founder of Spencertown and son of Nathaniel Spencer who was the 12th of Ensign Gerrard's 13 children. Lucy was born in 1720 and was about the 6th of 9 children.
If this is what you were asking then I have that info.
Jean Sweeney

L.Scott (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2004 6:57AM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds
I am not certain if this is my line, however I have been searching for Allen C. Reynolds and his brother Albert G. Reynolds. Allen was born in Conn. abt. 1786 or 87 he married a Harriet (don't know maiden name). They were married in N.Y. Jan. 1810. Since many counties of Conn became N.Y. perhaps where they were married was Conn and then became N.Y. I have found several Allen Reynolds,but am not certain if they are Allen C. Allen and Harriet are my g-g-g grandparents. I have not found Allen's parents. Allen fought in the War of 1812 in a N.Y. Regiment as a private, but promoted to Lieut in the U.S. Army in 1814 and discharged in 1815. I cannot find them in Conn. or N.Y.
from 1815 until I found them on a ship leaving New Orleans,La. for Galveston,Tx. in 1831 with their four children
Louis (Lewis) Harriet Jane, Susan and Eliza. Allen C. Reynolds died in Washington County Tx. March 1837, his wife Harriet A. died in Washington County,Tx. Dec. 1843, I am not certain when Lewis Reynolds died, he had married Nancy Bond in Washington,County in 1838 or 39. Harriet Jane married Devereaux J. Woodlief in August, 1836 in Brazoria County,Tx. and she died in Nov. 1845. Susan married Charles Smith 1833 I don't know when she died.
Eliza Reynolds married a Ransom, a Willitt and then a Eberhard. I don't know where or when Eliza died.
not certain when Susan died. Could this family be from the loyalist line of Kinderhook area. Since I cannot trace Allen's parents there is a possibility that they could have moved to Canada. Where they lived in Texas was one of the first communities in Texas and was named Columbia. East Columbia and West Columbia. Could this represent the area that they came from in N.Y. Any information that you might have would be appreciated.

Posted: 7 Apr 2004 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds/Mudge
Sorry, I don't believe that your Reynolds is connected to mine. My William Reynolds and Elizabeth Mudge's children were listed in their land records, when they moved to Canada sometime after 1791. There was no Allen listed
per page

Find a board about a specific topic