Search for content in message boards

Death of Gudmund Erichsen married 3 Feb 1792

Death of Gudmund Erichsen married 3 Feb 1792

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Erichsen, Nicolaisdatter
Gudmund Erichsen married Anne Nicolaisdatter 3 Feb 1792 They had three children and in 1801 I found Anne, widowed, living at Togstad Ovre with her brother. I did find a death record for a Gudmund Erichsen in the late 1790's, but he was 70 years old, and thought that might be too old. The children were listed as 9, 6, and 3 in the census. The marriage record did not give ages. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Death of Gudmund Erichsen married 3 Feb 1792

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 11:05PM GMT
It would help us help you if you tell us where (what parish or municipality) these people were located.

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 11:37PM GMT
I;m sorry. They were in Naess (Nes)

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 12:13AM GMT
In Vol. 3 of the Nes bygdebok, I find Anne and Jon and their parents and siblings at Lybekk, a husmannplace under Togstad. Jon followed his father as husmann at Lybekk, and was later followed by his son-in-law there. There are further details on Nikolai's family and Jon's, and beyond, but there is no information included there on Anne and her family other than her birth is listed as 1765.

I would be happy to transcribe the relevant 5 paragraphs for you.

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 1:03AM GMT
Thank you. I would love to have that. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 2:10AM GMT
Let me know if you need any help with the translation.

Lybekk (under Togstad)

Nikolai Nilsen Rommen-Eie, d. 1786, kom till Lybekk I begynnelsen av 1760-årene. Han var g.m. Mari Jonsdtr. fra Frogner, d. 1773. Barn Jon (se nedenfor), Anders, f. 1758, Kristoffer, f. 1760, Anne f. 1765.

Den neste husmannen på denne plassen ble Nikolais sønn Jon Nikolaisen 1775-1830, g. 1. gang m. Kjersti Amundsdtr. fra Togstad, d. 1785. I dette ekteskapet ble det ingen barn. Annen gang ble Jon Nikolaisen g.m. Goro Halvorsdtr. Sundet, d. 1814. Barn: Kjersti (se nedenfor).

Jon kunne så 4 tn. havre og 2 skjepper bygg på plassen, og han hadde 1 hest, 3 kuer, 4 sauer og 1 gris. Han betalte 4 rd. året i avgift.

Jon Nikolaisen ble etterfulgt som husmann av sin svigersønn Ole Olsen, d. 1830, g.m. Kjersti Jonsdtr. Lybekk 1788 – 1865. De fikk en datter, Gurine, som døde liten.

Kjersti giftet seg igjen med Arne Nilsen, d. 1872. I dette ekteskapet ble det visst ingen barn.

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 7:32AM GMT
I think I got the basics, but a translation would be wonderful. Thank you so much,.

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 5:05PM GMT
Roughly:

Nikolai Nilsen Rommen-Eie, who died in 1786, came to Lybekk in the early 1760s. He was married to Mari Johnsdtr. from Frogner, who died 1773. Children were Jon (see below), Anders born 1758, Kristoffer born 1760, Anne born 1765.

The next husmann at Lybekk was Nikolai’s son Jon Nikolaisen, for the period 1775-1830. Married first to Kjersti Amundsdtr. from Togstad, who died 1785. In that marriage there were no children. He married again, to Goro Halvorsdtr. Sundet, who died 1814. They had one child Kjersti (see below).

Jon sowed 4 tonne (large barrels) of oats and two skjepper (some smaller measure, I’m not exactly sure) of barley on the place, and he had 1 horse, 3 cows, 4 sheep, and 1 pig. He paid 4 riksdollars per year in tax. (Comment: he had a pretty good setup for a husmann, many were much worse off.)

Jon Nikolaisen was followed as husmann by his son-in-law Ole Olsen, who died in 1830, married to his daughter Kjersti Jonsdtr. Lybekk who lived 1788 – 1865. They had one daughter, Gurine, who died young.

Kjersti married again with Arne Nilsen, you died in 1872. In that marriage there were no children.

(Following this, Lybekk went to other people who do not appear to have been relatives.)

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 7:23PM GMT
Thank you again for taking the time to help. I had figured it out pretty well, but it was good to have the translation for the things about which I wasn't quite sure.Now I am confused, and maybe you can again help me. I have found all the children's christening records and the marriage record where Nicolai is called Nicolai Jonsen, but on the record you sent he is Nicolai Nilsen. Can you shed light? I looked for his birth record, using the death record as a guide, but those early records were unreadable, at least by me. Thanks again for the help.

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 7:40PM GMT
I don't know the answer to that, and can only tell you what the book said. Since the book identifies him as Nikolai Nilsen Rommen-Eie, I looked up Rommen in Volume 2 of the bygdebok but didn't find any mention of him or any likely family there.

Since we know when the bygdebok says he died (1786), perhaps looking to find his death record would be useful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic