Search for content in message boards

Ned JEFFERSON -- Sumter Co., AL

Ned JEFFERSON -- Sumter Co., AL

Emma Howard Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 1999 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking any information you may have on Ned Jefferson, he died in Sumter County Alabama and is buried at Dugs Hill Church in Coatopa, Al. Married to Henrietta had 8 or 10 childrens. Also seek information on the Vawters who lived in Sumter county Alabama

Re: Ned JEFFERSON -- Sumter Co., AL

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 5:30AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2009 10:54PM GMT
Hi my name is LeByron Jackson. Ned Jefferson is my great great great grandfather. Henrietta had a daughter name zena. zena married andrew Jackson and they had 4 boys and 4 girls.One of those boys name george Waahington is my grandfather. He had 3 girls and 4 boys, and one of the girls name is peggy jackson. Peggy Jackson is my mother. if you have any question call 6016990315

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 12:47AM GMT
Hi my name is Kendra Harris. Ned Jefferson is my 2great grandfather. One of his children is my great grandmother named Spice Ann Jefferson-Houston. One of her children is my grandmother, Helen Houston-Wright. Her third son is my father, Eugene Wright, Sr... I also know a few Vawters, bt not many, who may be able to help u..for further information you can contact me at the following...205)652-9415 or cell 334)341-9885..i am currently in sumter county attending the University of West Alabama...

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 2:11PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2010 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: Jefferson
Ned Jefferson was my great great grandfather too and for information that I have, we can share if you would like. 847-445-7593

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 9:50PM GMT
Have not been doing research for a while, but now that I am retired, I am back at it.. What I had learned was there were three Ned Jefferson. The first one wife was Millie Jefferson. They are the parents of number two, whose wife name was Henrietta(Henryetta, Reta, Retta), the third one is the grandson of number two and great grandson of number one. His father was Demus Jefferson, son of Ned number two. His mother was Hannah Brooks Jefferson. My mother, Viola Williams Howard, daughter of Carrie Jefferson WWilliams Lewis, daughter of Ned Jefferson number two and Henrietta Patton Jefferson. Ned Jefferson number two had six children that I know of. They were John wife Jennie Fluker, Spice Ann husband Allen Houston, Mary Belle husband Cliff Lee, Jr., Zenia husband Andrew J. Jackson, Demus first wife Hannah Brooks, and Carrie (my grandmother) husbands David Williams, Simon Lewis. NedJefferson number one also had a child named Ittie. Records show that Demus and Hannah also had children named Millie Dykes and Caleb Brooks Jefferson. I know that Henrietta Jefferson is listed in the 1910 Sumter County Census as mulatto or mixed race. Would like to find information on th siblings of Ned and Henrietta Jefferson. Let's share our pieces so we can make a whole. Please contact me.

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 7:21PM GMT
Need to clear up information: Ned Jefferson3 is the nephew of Ned2 and grandson of Ned1, he is the son of Demos, brother of Ned2 and son of Ned 1. Ned Jefferson2 also had a son named Demos. But Demos1 was married to Hannah. Some of his children Millie Dykes, Caleb Brooks Jefferson, Ned Jefferson, Ardella Ingram.

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 7:50PM GMT
Hi kin folks. We have a Ned and Milly Jefferson descendants Facebook page now. Nearly 300 members.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic