Search for content in message boards

Auto RTPatch update fails

Auto RTPatch update fails

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have just upgraded my FTM 2011 to 2012 however everything ok except Auto RTPatch upgrade to 2012 upgrade fails to complete its upgrade and renders new sync feature useless!!
I have tried upgrading without Firewall but still no change.

Re: Auto RTPatch update fails

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 7:35PM GMT
Have you tried right clicking the FTM icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"?

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 9:30AM GMT
Thanks David will try this asap
I´m getting a bit worried though re. Sync afterseeing all the bad press here!

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 1:57PM GMT
Further to my last message I have been able to sync my trees but the Auto RTPatch upgrade still does not load. Not sure if this will give me problems?
Most of my problems are that I have Vista software and a very slow internet connection!!

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 5:58PM GMT
I have the same problem and if you go to RTPPatch downloads it says this site is unsafe and I don't even have on my firewall.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 6:06PM GMT
When you click on Help > About - what version does your FTM show?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 6:53PM GMT

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 7:26PM GMT
Try rebooting your machine and rebooting FTM. Maybe something in memory needs to be cleared out.

The current version I have is 704.

Are you registered? Have you logged into ancestry.com since you originally loaded the software?

FTM normally knows you need an update when you boot FTM (because it has obtained the latest version number or date from ancestry.com)

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 8:30PM GMT
Done all of these things and thanks for helping. Been working on it for two days and think it time to call them.

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 4:01PM GMT
I unstall program and then re-install per Sarah at family tree help. This worked and to see what other problems I have with this program. Thanks for the help!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions