Search for content in message boards

William Henry RYALL family of Warminster

William Henry RYALL family of Warminster

Posted: 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2007 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: Ryall
Attempting to find my great grandfather, William Henry Ryall. Do not know when he came to America. Do know the information I have says he was born on 24 Aug 1857, Warminster. Maybe baptism records in Parish Church?
When did he come over? In America by age 22.
Have letter written in older style saying Sarah Ryall married Frederick West in the Parish Church of Warminster
by Rev. Mr. Griffith on Thurs. the 3 Nov 1825. Hope this helps in identifying the Ryall family. Would like to know more. Thank y'all for your time.

Ryall family

Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: RYALL
Hi Martha
First query - The IGI shows a wedding between Sarah Ryall & Frederick West on 3/11/1825 not in Warminster Wilts, but in Yorkshire?
Secondly there is a baptism in Warminster of a William Ryall
on 26/3/1857,( five months before your William was born) to William Ryall & Mary Ann.

worth checking

Regards

David Taylor

Ryall-England

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Ryall
Dear David,
Thank you so much for looking for me. I am not too distressed over a 5 month difference on bp of William.
I have written statement from someone giving the info I have on Sarah and Frederick West - a point to work from I guess.
Please keep in touch, and again, thank you
Martha Willis Garcia

Ryall

Carolyn Ostler (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ryall, Kerby
Hi
I am looking for information on a Thomas John Ryall md to Harriet Kerby abt 1855 in Warminster, Wiltshire. Harriet was born 13 Feb 1833 St. Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands.
Her brother Francis Kerby is my 2nd gr grandfather. He was in Warminster and also in Sheffield Yorkshire then came to the USA. Their parents were Francis Kerby and Jeanne Guillaume. (Francis and Jeanne) died at Emwells Cross, Warminster, Wiltshire Eng. 1875 & 1884. I have no further information on Thomas John Ryall other than a name.

Re: Ryall family / West

Posted: 14 Nov 2002 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2003 1:25AM GMT
I am curious if you found the connection with this Frederick West. I have a Frederick West who was born around 1826 in Rochester, Kent, England area. I had wondered if he was the son of the Frederick and Sarah you mention. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

RYALL family of Wiltshire and Somerset

Posted: 6 Oct 2003 3:07PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2005 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: RYALL
You may be interested to learn that there was a William H RYALL, born around 1857 in Wiltshire (Stourton) near Warminster, close to the Somerset border. By 1880, he had married Ann from Somerset and they were living in Beckington near Frome, Somerset, with their daughter, Ada. I understand that William had a nephew by the name of James MAY.

I have been researching my RYALL family for many years and have connections with Frome and surrounding Somerset area and Wiltshire. Let me know if you should wish to discuss this any further.

I should be pleased to hear from anyone researching the Ryall family.

Re: RYALL family of Wiltshire and Somerset

jan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2004 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2012 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Gullis, Ryall, Lightfoot,
Mary Lightfoot, nee Ryall, born 1855, married Henry Gullis of Wiltshire. Their daughter Amy was my grandmother. Glad to hear of any connections

Re: RYALL family of Wiltshire and Somerset

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 10:38PM GMT
hi i am just starting to do my family tree & i have gone back to 1841 avsbury whitshire to john gullis who son is henry gullis so i think we are related

Re: William Henry RYALL family

Posted: 9 Jan 2007 8:45AM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 10 Jan 2007 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Ryall, West, Lewis
1861 census

Name: William Ryall
Estimated birth year: abt 1857
Relation: Son
Father's name: William
Mother's name: Mary Ann
Where born: Warminster, Wiltshire, England

Civil parish: Warminster
Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch
Town: Warminster
County/Island: Wiltshire
Address East Street (Carson's Yard)

Full family... take note of the WEST's and Jane LEWIS!
(all born Warminster unless otherwise stated)
Name Age

William Ryall 29 Sackcarrier at Anchor (illegible could be Hse?) Corn Stores
Mary Ann Ryall 33
Alfred West 12 (wife's son by former husband)born Wincanton SOM
Frederick Harry West 9 " (also says "afflicted")
Margaret Letitia West (Daur of wife by former husband)
William Ryall 4
Ann Ryall 3
Mary Ryall 3
Jane Prince Ryall 6 months
Jane Lewis 59 Wife's mother born Baverstock

Which still doesn't explain Sarah RYALL and Frederick WEST, but DOES give a connection.

Reply also sent to RYALL/WEST post

KInd regards, Val

Re: William Henry RYALL family

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 17 Dec 2012 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Smith,Ryall
My great great great grandmother was Ann Ryall born 1858 in Warminster,England. She came over with her brothers & sisters on the ship the Idaho in 1870 to America. She married Edward W. Smith born in 1856 in Washington County,NY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions