Search for content in message boards

Cain - Warwick, NY

Cain - Warwick, NY

Posted: 6 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 8:32AM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Owen, Ferrier, Feagles
Daniel and Priscilla CAIN resided in Amity, Warwick Twp, Orange Co. NY. Revolutionary War Service of Daniel Cain: Private, Orange County NY Militia, 4th Reg't - Col. John Hathorn
DANIEL CANE of Warwick - - Liber A page 407 - - Will dated 2 Jan 1797 - - Probated 23 Feb 1797 - - Wife: Percilla Cane - - Sons: Joseph, James, William, John - - Daughters: Margaret, Nancy - - Administrators: Percilla Cane - - Witnesses: Jesse Shepard, David Nanny, William Reynard - - PRISCILLA CAIN of Town of Warwick - - Liber H page 143 - - Will dated 29 Mar 1826 - - Probated 4 May 1826 - - Daughter: Margaret Owen wife of Archibald Owen - their children: Daniel C. Owen, Priscilla Owen - - Joseph Cain and William G. Cain - no relationship stated - - Son: William G. Cain - deceased - his children: Priscilla Cain, Mary Cain, Margaret Cain - - Son: James Cain - his children: Daniel Cain, Joseph Cain, Isaac Cain, Temperance Cain, Priscilla Jane Cain - - William Feagles (his wife Margaret Ann Feagles) - no relationship stated - - Son: John Cain - deceased - his children: Daniel G. Cain, Priscilla Cain, Nehemiah Cain, Eliza wife of David W. Ferrier - - Executors: Thomas Ferrier and Henry W. Houston - - Witnesses: Sally Ferrier, Elizabeth Farrier, Michael Farrier - - Daniel and Priscilla Cain are buried in Amity Presbyterian Churchyard in Warwick Twp. - - Their sons John and James moved their families to Perry Co. OH - - John Cain is my gr-gr-grandfather.

Cain - Orange Co., NY

Bill Brankowitz (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Ashman
Mary Alice,

I have a record of a Daniel Cain living in Orange County
in my family history who married an Annie Ashman (in my
family line). Does this pair ring any bells with you?
Annie would have been born circa 1800, so I assume Daniel
the same or slightly older.

Bill

Owen, Cane - Orange Co., NY

Mary Cronin Nichols (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OWEN, CANE
Re Archibald OWEN and Margaret (OWEN), I have Archibald OWEN (John OWEN & Elizabeth BOYLE) b 21 Apr 1775; d 27 Jan 1848 Florida, NY; m Margaret CANE b ca Apr 1774, d 25 Jun 1859; ch: Daniel C., John, William G., Archibald, Francis "Fanny", and Priscilla, first born ca 1792 prob Orange Co, NY. Hope this helps.

Ashman

Harald Azmann (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ashman
Looking for and willing to share any information on the Azmann, Azman, Ashmann, Aschman, Ashman line from Carinthia/Austria and Carniola (Krain)/Slovenia with some individuals also having immigrated to the U.S.

Ashman

Bill Brankowitz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ashman
Sorry. This Ashman family is descended from Johann Adolph
Ashman, a Hessian soldier who was captured at the Battle of
Paulus Hook, and ultimately stayed in America, settling
near Monroe, NY. However, my patronymic name was originally
Brankovic, from Stefanja Gora in Slovenia, just north of
Ljubljana near the Austrian border. Always good to run into
the rare Slovene line!!! Good ancestor hunting.

Bill

Re: Owen, Cane - Orange Co., NY

Posted: 19 Nov 2002 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: OWEN
I am desperately trying to find PROOF that Archibald Owen (Owin) was the CHILD of John Owen and Elizabeth Boyle. Do you have anything or have you found anything?

Posted: 22 Sep 2003 10:08PM GMT
Surnames: PEARCE / PIERCE
(I seem to continually connect to this email address in posting a query.) Anyway, I have the possibility that Hannah Owen and her husband Colville Shepard (his brother Jesse was a founder of the Amity Presbyterian Church and he an officer of it til about 1809-10) might be the parents of my 3G Grandmother Mary Shepard who married William "Willis" Pearce 8 Jan. 1791. I suspect Mary born about 1774. Do these names connect with any data you have? My problem is that Hannah was born about 1757 and she would have been a young mother, if Mary's; also Mary did not name a daughter Hannah but did name a son Colville. Thank you for any assist. Also their descendants went to Decatur Co., IN where a cem. near their farms was called the Pierce-Owen Cem., no one knows how that cem. was given that name. Do you know if any Owens went to Decatur Co., IN by mid 1800s? Thank you.

Re: Cain - Warwick, NY

Evelyn Rucker (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2005 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Feagles
I have relatives from Warwick New York by the name of Feagles. They migrated to Seneca County Ohio. Maybe I could be of some help. Josiah Feagles was born about 1799, and one of his son's is my Great Grandfather, Josiah,
born 1837 in Warwick.

Posted: 8 Feb 2006 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: OWEN, CANE
Hi Mary,

We have been searching for some time for our Unknown Owen, the father of our William Owen, b. 22 Feb 1774, Asa A. Owen, b. 15 Feb 1785, d. 3 Oct 1877; Sarah; Joseph; Polly; and Phoebe, all supposedly born in Goshen, Orange County, NY to an Unknown Owen, killed by Indians before 1800.

Would you happen to know who the other children of John Owen and his wife, Elizabeth Boyle (besides Archibald Owen) were? Do you know anything else about this John Owen and/or his wife?

We believe this John Owen may be our Unknown Owen, killed by Indians before 1800, and the father of our William Asa, Sarah, Joseph, Polly and Phoebe Owen.

Any hints or clues would be much appreciated. Thank you very much for your time, I hope to hear from you soon!!

Sincerely,

Cynthia Owen-Gaines

Posted: 7 Apr 2006 11:54AM GMT
While at the Orange County Gen Society I checked their Family Tree Maker CD, who listed the children of John and Elizabeth (Boyle) Owen as Millicent, Sarah, Archibald, & Nellie-- no proff, I know, but.... hoope this helps
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions