Surnames: LOBWASSER, LOVEWATER,
surname registration onlyame registration only

Lobwasser

Paul Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Praiswater, Praisewater, Laposser, Lopasser, Lovewater, Lobwasser
George Praiswater - Rowan Co., NC

In the 1850 Census of Cocke Co., TN, a George Praiswater is listed who appears on the churchbook of St. James Lutheran Church in the adjacent area of Greene Co., TN as George Praiswater with a footnote stating the surname was originally Lobwasser. Also some of the Lobwassers changed their names to Laposser or Lopasser in the Boyd's Creek area of Sevier Co., TN.

Lobwasser/Lopossa

Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Lopossa
I have been trying to figure out this surname as well. My husband's Joseph LOPOSSA family ends up in Morgan County, Indiana. They came from Tennessee through North Carolina, then Jefferson County, KY and then to Indiana. I have seen the name spelled... Lopossa, Lopossey, Lopewaser, Lopossee, etc.. Would love to chat about this family!

Re: Lobwasser/Lopossa

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 4:41AM GMT
Hello I am from the Lopossa line and have a picture of a headstone in Walter's Cemetery Morgan County. My great great grandmother was Lida Lopossa. Her father was Jacob Lopossa who had brothers name Vince John, Joseph. Then we could not read the census record it was blurred bad.
My email address is RaysSunflower@aol.com
Tammie Wilkerson

Am waiting to hear from you.

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 12:59AM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2003 2:42AM GMT
Hello, My great grandmother was Mary Ellander Lapossa. She was from Morgan county, Indianna.
Any ifo appreciated.Have info to share if there is connection.

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 7:19PM GMT
My name is Allyson Maughan. I have researched the Lopossa line and have a binder full of infomation. I have recently stumbled upon the Lopossey and Lopwaser last name. I am trying to see what the ties are.

What kind of information do you have? I would love to talk and exchange info on this family. There is much I still don't know.

My e-mail is amaughan@sd132.k12.id.us
Please let me know anything.

Paul L Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 2:35AM GMT
Dear Allyson:

I cannot respond to your request at this moment, but I will send you some information within the next two weeks.

Best regards,

Paul Kelley
Knoxville, TN

Lea Roth (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2004 12:57AM GMT
Hello,
My name is Lea Roth and Iam a descendant of Emeline Dorsett LOPOSA ( note the spelling) and John Loposa. She is form Chatham County, N.C. She married John Loposa in Green Castle, Ind. The Dorsett family emigrated to Indiana after the civil war and Emeline and her children came back to North Carolina. She died here in Greensboro. I have documentation of her marriage and death. I also have information about my great grandfather John Loposa. I'm almost positive this is the family you are researching . I am in search of information about my GRANDMOTHER, Nettie Loposa. After giving birth to a baby boy ( my father) in 1910 , she vanished from Greensboro, N.C. and has never been heard of since. If you have ever heard this name in your research I would very much like to know. I would be glad to share my information with you. You may contact me via email at rlroth1@earthlink.net or call me at 336-299-5972.. Best regards, Lea

Carol Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2005 4:04AM GMT
Was your Mary Ellender married to John Cline? Was she the daughter of Joseph and Jemima? I, too, am researching the Lopossa's and have quite a lot of information.

Carol Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2005 4:25AM GMT
I am interested in knowing the names of John and Emeline's children. I would also like to know where and when John Lopossa, Emeline's husband, died. In 1910 he was living with his sister and brother-in-law in Worth County, Missouri, and that is the last record I can find on him. John was my great-great-great grandfather's brother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic