Search for content in message boards

Carroll- Nebraska

Carroll- Nebraska

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 10:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the relatives of William & Susan (Burnes) Carroll of Nehawka Nebraska. I have their children I am looking for the parents. I know carroll has been spelled a number of ways & just can not get past William Carroll.

Re: Carroll- Nebraska

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 6:24PM GMT
William Carroll, husband of Susan, was born ca1829 in Kentucky- probably in Cumberland County. His parents are Ruben Carroll, born ca1804 Virginia,and Temperance, born ca1804, Kentucky. Ruben is in the 1830 Cumberland County, KY census and it appears that his brother, Edward Carroll, is living with him. Edward and Ruben moved from Kentucky to Missouri with their families in the early 1840's.

Dr. Bill Rice, Kentucky

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:05PM GMT
Did you know a Lucille Carroll born abt 1914 or later in Roanoke ,Va I was one she came away.

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:45PM GMT
No. The Carrolls, (my husband's relation) moved to Oregon. Everett Nelson Carroll. His father was William.

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT
Dr Rice

Thank you for the information. I have been looking for years off & on to see if I could go back further. I have been trying to trace both my husbands side & mine. Here is the break down for us.

William & Susan
son Everett Nelson Carroll
Everett's son Orta Carroll
Orta's daughter Virginia
Virginia's son Gregory Hastings (my husband)

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:51PM GMT
Seems to be the same family... Was Everett born about 1874 in Nebraska? His parents, William and Susan, were born in Kentucky...
Dr. Bill Rice, Kentucky

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:55PM GMT
Sorry, I thought you were replying to me. I see it was in response to the Lucille Carroll inquiry...

Dr. Bill Rice, Kentucky

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 5:11AM GMT
Dr Rice,

Can I ask how you are related to the Carrolls or how you have obtained the information on William & Susan Carroll of Nebraska. Have you researched even further back in the Carroll line? I appreciate any information you have so I can add it to my family history.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 5:14AM GMT
Everett carroll was born July 18, 1873 in Nebraska. I think William & Susan had 14 children. I have alot of the names but not all. I also have a picture of William Carroll which my father in law gave to Greg.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 3:27PM GMT
My Wife is related to the North Carolina Carroll's. We have been researching for over forty years and Ruben and Temperance Carroll, both b. ca1804, are one of our many dead-ends. While Ruben was born in VA, his family certainly could have roots in NC, but we have not established a family link to Ruben from my wife's family. A number of the Southern Kentucky Carroll's came here from North Carolina after briefly living in Virginia, and many then migrated on beyond Kentucky to other mid-western states such as Missouri. Reuben is not an uncommon given name in the Carroll family and is present in the North Carolina Carroll family lines. Dr. Bill Rice, Kentucky
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions