Search for content in message boards

John P. Moore of New York City

John P. Moore of New York City

Nanci (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
Looking for the ancestry of John P. Moore, born in New York City in 1799. He married Elisa Jane Vanderpool in 1820. Any info, please. I believe the P. might stand for Phionis.
Posted: 23 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: moore, macphail, mcphail, henderson, golden, fuller, moffitt, moffatt
am looking for info on my nyc moore.i have patrick moore who married margaret golden.they had at least julia and thomas. thomas was born approx 1824 in nyc.he married isabel macphail.they had at least george ward moore.after thomas' death,george was adopted by his new stepfather,henry c. fuller.i have info from this point forward.i am looking for info on patrick and before.it is rumored that thomas' father may have been mr. moffitt(unsure of spelling).does any of this sound familiar?email direct to menotyou17@yahoo.com

isabella macphail

Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: macphail, henderson, moore, fuller, leach, tilley, austin, o'leary, carns, golden, moffat, moffatt, moffett, moffitt, berliner, jacobi, jacoby, blough, maher, van velzen, velzen, mcphail, caywood, combs, doty, peden, shepard, shepherd, kaufman, mills, groff, weaver
hello peter,my name is kathy.i just read your message.hmm... we may have a connection,maybe not.it could be a case of so close,yet so far away.my isabella,born july 1832 in glasgow scotland,did indeed have a brother peter.i believe his middle name may have been crow.peter was born 1827/28 in scotland also.isabella had a second brother,duncan.duncan was born feb 1830 in glasgow scotland.duncan later married someone named carrie after coming to america.their parents were paul macphail born approx 1804 in scotland and isabella henderson born glasgow scotland.paul and isabella married 30 dec 1825 in barony,lanark,scotland.he died approx 1832/34. she died 1856/57. i'm not sure that your peter is the brother of my isabella. it was said that peter must have died young,as it was felt that when isabella henderson macphail came to america,she brought only duncan and isabella.was peter alive,or is it possible that your peter and isabella are children of a later generation?maybe of duncan?i look forward to hearing from you. kathy

Isabella MacPhail

Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: MacPhail, McPhail
My great grandfather Peter MacPhail had a sister Isabella
but I'm not certain who she married. Do you have any other
MacPhail info?

Isabella, Peter, Duncan MacPhail

Posted: 10 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: MacPhail, McPhail, McGurk, Gilmour, Colquhoun, Crum, Briggs, Ridings, Green, Cyran, Frodema, Sobon, Garska
Kathy,

Thanks so much for the reply you posted. I think we may
have to go further back in time to make a connection to the
two branches of the family. The Peter MacPhail in my line
did have an Isabella as a little sister and at least one
Duncan possibly two as brothers (one may have died at a
young age so that they named a subsequent son Duncan.
Peter was born in 1843 and came over the this country
in 1881 on the steamship Gallia (Cunard). I'm not sure
how many of his brothers and sisters stayed in Scotland
or came over to this country. If I can find any info that
may link the two branches together I'll pass it along. A
lot of the info I've found quite useful has come from
the site familysearch.com. Hope this info is of some value
to you. Thanks again
Posted: 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
i have absolutely no idea where they were from.vanvelzen is actually the name of a man who married into the family.i have been unable to get much info past my gr grandmother, so i thought i would also post her siblings(and spouses)names.i thought that if i found a descendant of my gr aunt,they might share info.so,here goes....elias or albert van velzen was married to my great aunt matilda(tillie)jacobi(y).i do not know when he was born or died,but she was born in 1879 or 1880.she died after 1932.i know that she lived in NYC as a child and i don't think she strayed far as an adult.they had at least one child,julius.he went by the nickname jules as a child,and though he filled out his first name as julius on his social security card application,he signed it jack velzen.he listed van as his middle name.he was born 22 jan 1904 in NYC.his home address was 72 east 121st st.,NYC and he worked at schaffner bros.,at 1270 broadway,NYC.does any of this connect?take care. kathy

Researching VanVelzen

Pippa VanVelzen (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: VanVelzen
My husband's family (VanVelzen) is from Zoest, Holland. Any connection?

Re: Researching VanVelzen

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 2:18PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2001 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: van Velzen/Velsen
Hello, You wrote that your husband's family is from Zoest. The right spelling of that town is Soest.It is in the middle of Holland,and we have been living there until last spring.My husband's grandmother maiden name is also van Velzen/Velsen. So if you have any information that could lead to a connection in our familytree, please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions