Search for content in message boards

LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT!

LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT!

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME UNDERSTAND WHY A LAWSUIT HASN'T BEEN FILED PERTAINING TO THIS VILE FTM 2012 PROGRAM AND PREVIOUS PROGRAMS, TOO. AND, RUSS, PLEASE, IF YOU STATE ONE MORE TIME AT THIS FORUM THAT YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THE FTM PROGRAMS, I HOPE YOU JUST REALIZE THAT IT IS ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMPUTER GEEK!

Re: LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT!

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 10:31PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2012 10:31PM GMT
Geeks got nothing to do with it. I've been involved with computers since the mid 80's (and so have a lot of others on here) and yet this program continues to play HAVOC!! It gets worse with every version and is NOT fit for public relaese by any means. As I said previously; there is no point in releasing a new yearly version just because a new year rolls around. I am sure MOST people who own this program would be pleased to just have a bug free version that doesn't crash, or hang or fail to sync (or any of the numerous other problems)

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 12:15AM GMT
cakemp,

As a matter of fact I am NOT. I am a User of a computer, NOT a geek.

Russ

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 3:41AM GMT
I am a computer geek (and proud of it). This version has serious bugs. If this was freeware or shareware it would not be that much of an issue. However this is commercial software released by a worldwide company. I was happily using FTM 2011 when I decided to upgrade to take advantage of the new features. Although I expected some bugs (all software will have some bugs regardless of the amount of pre-release testing done) the seriousness of the programming flaws shows FTM 2012 was rushed to market without proper testing. Unacceptable for paid software.

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 5:29AM GMT
ok, let me say that I am not a geek, however, I do realize that I tend to buy, perhaps, more of a computer then what is needed. I have and Asus, "gaming" laptop, not because I am a gamer, but because I wanted a fast processor, I5, with 4 gigs of ram, and a 1 gig dedicated graphics chip...I do a lot of photo and video editing and did not want any issues with multiply windows open. I tend to switch back and forth when editing photos. I have never had any issue with the software, it sync's when I want it to, manual setting so I control it, and I compress my file everyday when I am done working in it. I also use CCleaner everytime I log off a program. I use Trendmicro for anti virus software, prior to that I used webroot, then webroot got to hinky and I changed. Perhaps I am lucky I really don't know. I am in my 50's so I didn't really grow up with computers..However, I bought my first computer in the 1980's. Once a week I clean up the register using CCleaner, and defrag the harddrive once a week. If this is overkill, I figure better safe then sorry when doing PM on the computer. I have my laptop hardwired when at home, cause I have a crappy wireless N router and I will be upgrading to a dual band in the future. One of the things that someone taught me a long long time ago, never, never just have the minimum requirements for the hardware that a program calls for...always have more, thus the Asus gaming laptop, prior to that lap top, I had a toshiba, which has 4 gigs of ram and and 256 dedicated graphics chip...and that worked well with FTM 2011. I am sorry that there are people that are having issues with this program, but when I speak at the local genealogy group I have recommended this software and have helped about 25 people make sure that their computer is strong enough for this program and so far, none of the 25 people have had any issues...and the average age is 67. I have had some issues with being able to log onto ancestry.com, but I tend to think it is a server issue..once again I have no idea why I have had no problem but I just haven't and neither have the folks that I have helped in setting up FTM 2012 on their own computers...

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 1:59PM GMT
Russ, I beg to differ, but would say that "geek" is NOT a derogatory word but a Martha Stewart "good thing". Cheryl

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2012 2:37PM GMT
As a matter of fact I am NOT. I am a User of a computer, NOT a geek.

Russ

Russ

Why don't you start using your "Monster" data base file on FTM 2012 so you can gain some real world experience of the frustrations being felt. Don't wait until the next Beta to use the file for testing -------start using it now --- everytime some one sends in something that you want to respond to use the monster file to answer the question

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 11:16PM GMT
Where do we sign up?

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 12:01AM GMT
Lighten Up, Francis

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 12:17AM GMT
Sometimes I wish ancestry's message boards had a "like" button ;-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic