Search for content in message boards

Bullock Family Bible

Bullock Family Bible

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bullock, Phillips, Albro
I have a Bullock family bible. The bible itself was printed in 1852, by Phinney & Co. in Buffalo, NY.

From the names in the bible itself, I believe it belonged to William Bullock (1794-1880) and his family. The bible contains William, his wife Polly Phillips, and their 8 children. It has birth data for all and death data for most. It does not have any marriage data.

In addition, the bible came with many pages of written notes as well, on the Bullock's, the Phillips', and a Williams' family, whose connection is unknown. The Phillips family page has been torn from another bible. There is also a note signed by William and Polly's great grandaughter, Elthel Albro, so I assume the bible was in her possession at some point.

My sister obtained this bible many years ago from another Bullock genealogist who found her through her online tree. Apparently it was a branch of the Bullock tree not related to him or that he was not concerned with.

As it turns out, William Bullock is part of our tree, but he is a 3rd Great Grand Uncle, not direct line. As my main focus is direct line, I am willing to part with this bible to any direct line descendants of William and Polly who I'm sure would be more interested in owning it.

Re: Bullock Family Bible

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Bullock, Keith, Murray, Hall, Hutchins, Moss, Hewell
Hi. My name is Kelly Hall, my grandmother was born Gloria Louise Bullock, dau of Henry & Carolyn E.(born Keith) Bullock. We are descendants of Richard Bullock. My grandmother would love to have this Bullock bible, I've been researching since 2010 at her request. Is there a way to purchase the Bullock bible anywhere? We could even pay you if you could sell or copy it. Thanks so much for your time. Kelly

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Bullock
My records show that Polly was the daughter of Richard H. Bullock & Mary Suzannah (born Johnson) Bullock, could you please confirm this? In a post you had asked for a picture & some info on a Bullock, what was the 1st name, I can't find that post & hopefully I can help. I have a lot of pics. I have uploaded a few on ancientfaces.com. Thank you

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 2:23AM GMT
Kelly,

I don't think this bible is connected to your Bullock family line. I found your tree and other trees that trace the Richard Henry Bullock line further back than you have. There is nothing in common with the William Bullock of the bible.

Your line is in Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia then back to England. William's line is New York and Massachusetts then England, with no common people among the two lines, at least back to the 1500's.

The Polly I mentioned married into the Bullock line. She was born Polly Phillips, to Jonathon and Jemima (Palmer) Phillips. So this is not the same Polly Bullock as in your tree.

Marc

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 2:45AM GMT
You're right, my line is Richard Henry Bullock. I thought Mary, who they called Polly was from my line but you are absolutely right. I called my grandmother this a.m and figured it out. Thank you so much for your reply.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic