Search for content in message boards

Loughrea - Churches

Loughrea - Churches

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 9:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
I've traced my heritage back to Loughrea, Roman Catholic. does anyone know how many churches i may have to contact to find my ancestor's listings ?
thanks
Sean Patrick Mulroy

Re: Loughrea - Churches

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 12:58PM GMT
Just found this thread about Church adresses in Loughrea... This might help you out some...

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.britisles.ireland.gene...

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 6:22PM GMT
Try Loughres CATHEDRAL Parish secretary is great help

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 8:30PM GMT
Thanks for that Alan, much appreicted

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 12:58PM GMT
Surnames: HARDY, O'HARA
Can someone please give me the address of the Loughrea Cathedral Parish Secretary, please? I would be very grateful, because I too am searching for information about my ancestors, who lived in Loughrea. The names I am searching are for John & Henry HARDY & Kathleen (or Katie) O'HARA. If anyone has any information on these families, please email me on: bev.schellen@internode.on.net - thank you!

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 12:32PM GMT
My GG Grandparents were married in the chapel of Loughrea in 1874, although the building still exists it is now part of a funeral company. Back in August 2012 I visited and saw the building which is located just off the main street behind the shop fronts. Access is via the side, looks in very good condition. Records for this chapel are now held by the main catholic church on the other side of Loughrea.
Hope this helps :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic