Search for content in message boards

Thomas Rees family Bible

Thomas Rees family Bible

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 1:04AM GMT
Classification: Bible
I recently purchased a Welsh Bible at an auction that evidently was used by the Thomas Rees family. The date entered for his birth was 1853.
I am not part of Rees family, and I only purchased the Bible because it was so unusual, but there are a few birth records which I would imagine someone from the Rees family would like to have this information printed in the first few pages of this large Bible.
If so please let me know.

Re: Thomas Rees family Bible

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for your kind offer of information...Please could you tell me if this Rees family are in Wales? Is the surname Elias mentioned at all? Many Thanks

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 1:17PM GMT
Yes, Wales is mentioned in the locations, but no Elias, only Rees.

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2012 7:04PM GMT
Thank you very much..all my Rees connections are around the Llanwonno (pontypridd), Glamorgan, Carmarthen, Pembroke, areas of Wales..I have 2 by the name of Thomas Rees born abt 1853-1856. As you can imagine a very hard name to research as both the names are extremely common!
Would really appreciate if you could possibly give a bit more details.
Many tnanks

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 9:10AM GMT
Surnames: Rees
My Great uncle was a Thomas Rees, so interested in what is in the bible. Thanks again
JH

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 4:53AM GMT
Hi there

I have a Thomas Rees in my family from what I can gather from family members he was born c 1745, wales. had a son
c 1784-1843 possibly other children wondering if the Thomas in your book may be a son down the line. Moses married a Mary Ann Moss and moved to England. Is there any other names mentioned.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 5:52AM GMT
Larry, would really appreciate that. Can you do that electronically? thanks.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 1:40AM GMT
I too am looking for Rees' from Wales, David and Mary with daughter Annie. Annie was orphaned by age 13. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions