Search for content in message boards

Media issues FTM 2012

Media issues FTM 2012

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I just upgraded to FTM 2012 from FTM 2011. Uploading the media file (600 photo's) failed continously for several days, then finally uploaded. However, after sync'ing files, only 534 of the photo's appeared in Ancestry.com's linked file. The missing photo's, had "grayed out" or "blank" photo's in certain Family Member media collections.

Repeated calls to Ancestry Help Line results in various versions of the same response, "Tech Support is working on it".

The only reason I bought FTM 2012 was for the sync feature. Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Media issues FTM 2012

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 7:32PM GMT
I purchased my FTM 2012 software a couple of weeks ago and it worked well. A few days ago I had an error that wouldn't let a sync happen (an error occured while "preparing data to be downloaded from ancestry"), so I did what Ancestry suggests. It syncs fine now, but I noticed this a.m. that about 15% of 480 of my photos on my online tree are gray, with images of censuses with an overlay of what looks like a circle with an L in it, or, more precisely, a clock at 3:00. I know in the past when I have had something disappear, it has appeared a few days later. But it's very odd to see that they have a placeholder for a photo, but not the photo itself. So I cannot say that it is missing in the sense that it has been deleted, but I assume they are going to work on it as I am sure we are not the only ones dealing with it... At least I hope not...

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 7:34PM GMT
It's also interesting to notice that, of the photos that are gray, most, but not all, are ones I downloaded from other people's online trees. A portion were ones I uploaded, but I notice that there is a family of 15 for which there were detailed photos...and they are all gray.

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 9:12PM GMT
I see no correlation between the source of the "missing" media and its source. What I do find disconcerting, is that the TOTAL number of photo's in my FTM tree is far less than the Ancestry uploaded version, although, after uploading and syncing, the program responds that every uploaded successfully. Even more frustrating, is that the people manning the help line, are in the dark as the the problem or pending resolution. I have called 8 times, and each person says the same thing, "I expect it to be fixed soon, try again in a few hours". It would be nice if an email would be sent to the customers, explaining the issue. We seem to have no shortage of advertisments emailed to us.

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 5:14AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2012 5:15AM GMT
I've had the same problem. I was only able to upload my tree with the media once, but after two days all the media was replaced with the same greyed out image. I unlinked then deleted the tree from ancestry and have not been able to upload successfully since then. This has been going on for three weeks now, so I don't expect it to be fixed in a few hours. I hope they fix the problem soon.

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 5:24AM GMT
Having the same problems .... May have to dump the thing & go back to Legacy!!

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 3:41PM GMT
FTM 2012, I am not able to move media around in the family section. There is no reason on how the famiy section is organized. The response for customer service is (we do not know why you can't move the media but we know you can not, contact customer solution with the problem. Not a good response for me. Unhappy with the the product since they have made so many changes for the better??????? Who's better?

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 9:18PM GMT
For some reason the pics will not show on my Windows PC but they do on my wife's!!! Both are using windows 8 and IE
I tried Firefox and the pics are now viewable. Go figure
per page

Find a board about a specific topic