Search for content in message boards

How to add second and third wife

How to add second and third wife

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is it possible to add the 2nd and 3rd wives of an ancestor and also all the extra children? How do you do this in FTM?
I have them listed in the "notes" of the husband but it will not show the extra wives on the descendant listing.
Thanks for your help.Gloria

Re: How to add second and third wife

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 3:39PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2014 8:58PM GMT
Gloria,
In the People Workspace, select the person with the multiple spouses. Then on the Person Tab, hover over Add Person, and select Add Spouse.

You add children on the family view for the spouse pair displayed.

If you need to change which spouse is displayed, look for the little person icon which displays the number of spouses. Click on it and choose spouse.

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 3:49PM GMT
Thanks,I just have never paid any attention to that icon.

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 4:40PM GMT
You may like to make sure you set the spouse order....assuming you may print a report and want the spouses to appear in order or marriage. It will not automatically set it by date of marriage, you need to do that. Let me know if you don't see how to do that.

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 4:57PM GMT
I did check the order and it is in correct order. I have several more folks to add spouses to and will keep an eye on that. I have also been checking it by running that descendant chart.....Thanks for your help.

Posted: 4 Jul 2014 11:12PM GMT
Son was married 3 times how to enter this inf

Posted: 5 Jul 2014 10:54AM GMT
Charlene

Go to the Tree view for your son. To the right of his name you will see an icon that looks like a woman’s face. Click on that and select add spouse.

Curt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions