Sidney Jane Stewart

Sidney Jane Stewart

Mona Perry (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart

Her tombstone states she was born in Ramelton,
County Donegal, Ireland, she died in 1882 at the
age of 82. I would like to find her or our kin.
Sidney Jane Stewart

Stewart

Wendy Acason (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
There is a good chance that she is a descendant of Sir William Stewart. He arrived in Co.Donegal in 1608 as a Captain of Scottish troops and was knighted in 1613.
He was awarded a baronetage and started the town of Ramelton where he established the Fort Stewart family estate.

Re: Stewart

Posted: 21 Dec 2002 1:24AM GMT
I know that this a very late response, but this William Stewart is my ancestor and I have a lot of information about the family.

Laurel

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Floyd
Laurel, I noticed this old posting and wondered if the information you mentioned might help identify my Stewart ancestress. She is Margaret Jane Stewart, born 1830, reputedly in Letterkenny or Ramelton. She immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1857 and shortly thereafter married Samuel Bruce Floyd who had immigrated from the same area 3 years earlier. Appreciate any assistance. Meridee
Posted: 29 Jun 2007 3:19AM GMT
My GG-Grandfather, Bud Stewart B.1874, Married a Etta Floyd. I haven't much info on them. Maybe their is a connection to your Floyd's and Stewart's. They are both buried in Geneva County, AL. Bud is probably a nick-name
but I'm not sure.

Pat

Posted: 3 Apr 2008 3:11AM GMT
Wendy,
I know it is 8 years later, but I just found your answer
to my query, in all the years I still haven't found any
more about Sidney Jane than I knew then, Stewart I believe
was her married name as she had a daughter Martha. I've notbeen able to locate a marriage date or her maiden name.
Anyway thanks for your reply.
Mona

Posted: 2 May 2009 7:06PM GMT
Hello laurela24,

I found a reply you made on rootsweb about William Stewart. I think there were more than one William Stewart. I hope to find more information on the William Stewart who was recorded on the 1659 census as being the owner of land in the parish of Ray, Barony of Raphoe, County Donegal. I wonder if there are any estate records pertaining to William Stewart who owned land in the parish of Ray? I am trying to verify that he had a tenant named David Dill. My Dill ancestors lived in Donegal during the 17th century.

Re: STEWARTS from Dry Harbour, Jamaica

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 4:21PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2010 5:19PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Taylor, Hinds, Johnson, Soares
I am looking for any information regarding any of the following individuals from Dry Harbour (Discovery Bay ) Jamaica:
William Henry Stewart (of Scotland?) m. Miriam Taylor (born in Barton Bowen, J.A.?)
Son: William Henry Stewart (1859~1932?) m. Annie Hinds(1854~1922?)
William had at least 8 children: Edward, Alfred, Ernest, Maud, Ida, Ella, Ada? Charles.
Son: Edward Nathaniel Stewart b. June 7, 1883 m. Ardel Fedelia Johnson b. Feb. 16, 1903
Ardel’s parents: Herbert Johnson m. Edith M. Soares

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 2:57AM GMT
Omg i cannot believe it!!!! You are related to me! I was looking up what i had and its matching!!!! please message me back!!!!!

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 2:19PM GMT
This is a reply to you about "Sidney Jane Stewart" I have
been searching for about 20 years for information about her
early years .... when she cme to america, with who and where
they lived. She was my husbands ggggrandmother. I hope we both have the same one maybe we can fill in our blanks.
Hoping to hear back from you I am MonaPerry26@comcast.net.
Leslie.Susan6 is my daughter.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions