Search for content in message boards

Ritchie / Henderson

Ritchie / Henderson

Heather (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 8:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie, Henderson
I am looking for any information on the marriage of William Richie b. 1832, Lucknow and Margaret Henderson b.1837, Ireland. They had 10 children all born in Lucknow.
Thanks.

Re: Ritchie / Henderson

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 4:22AM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie, Boden
I am also looking for a William Ritchie born 1832/1833 in Ontario-
have some information but am looking to verify that his parents were Andrew Ritchie and Jane Boden. I also have 10 children listed for him - last one born was William Boden Ritchie 1880
- willing to share information that I have concerning his siblings and their extended families.

Heather (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2003 3:33PM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie
Lynn, your Ritchie's are my Ritchie's. I have also quite a bit to share. Contact me off list at dmaloney43@shaw.ca

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 12:04AM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie, Henderson
I have information on William Ritchie who was born about 1832 or so. He did marry Margaret Henderson who was born in Ireland (although no proof), but he was not born in Lucknow. It seems he was born in Minto, Wellington county, where he, also, married and lived for a few years, as far as I can ascertain. He is buried in Lucknow cemetery. He had moved to and lived in Ashfield township, Huron county. I am doing research for a RITCHIE descendent.

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Boden, Bowden, Ritchie
That is interesting about Jane Boden...that Boden name seems to appear in all the families usually with the name, "William"....and sometimes spelled "Bowden". She certainly could be the mother of William RITCHIE, as the theory is that the name "Boden" is usually the surname of a female ancestor. Can you prove this info? I am a researcher working for William RITCHIE's great grandson.
Sheila H.

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 7:22PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie, Boden, Henderson
Well another few months and this post would have been ten years old. I was just starting my research then, William's parents are Andrew and Jane(Boden) Ritchie. I found his birth certificate obituary etc. after this post.

The correct spelling is Boden. William's last son was William Boden Ritchie. I have a wedding photograph of him and his wife. Are you a paid researcher? William Richie and Jane Henderson were my great great grandparents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions