Search for content in message boards

Plantations

Plantations

Leola E. Williams (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2012 5:35PM GMT
Does anyone know where I might go to find information on the SORREL Plantation/SORREL Station and SORREL Cemetery located in St. Mary Parish?

Sorrel Plantation

Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2003 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Sorrel
Sorrel Plantation was in St. Mary Parish, on Bayou Teche, just downstream from Jeanerette and upstream from Baldwin.The St. Mary Sugar Co-op is located on part of what was Sorrel. Is on Highway 182.
Do not know the name of any church at Sorrel but if you could contact one you might be able to find the location of the cemetry. Good luck! Paul L. Davidson

Sorrel Plantation & Cemetery

Posted: 27 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2012 5:36PM GMT
Sorrel Cemetery, west end of St. Mary Parish, is a private, family cemetery. I have some information on the Plantation/Station and also the data from the marked graves. Let me know who/what you're looking for and I will try to help.

Sorrel Plantation/Cemetery

Leola Williams (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2012 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: BART, BAPTISTE, CARREL, JACQUOT, TALMON
Through researh in St. Mary Parish and communication with another researcher I was informed that the SORREL family were the owners of the JEAN BART/BAPTISTE family. My second great grandmother was Isabella JEAN BART/BAPTISTE married to Janvier CARREL. I have not been able to find out where they are buried. Would there be any JEAN BART, BAPTISTE, CARREL, JACQUOT,or TALAMON, buried at this cemetery? Do you have any information on a Frederic SIGUR or Jacquot SORREL?

Thank you

Re: Plantations

Bonnie Willett (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 3:47AM GMT
Contact me at: redneck@teche.net I might be able to help you.

Re: Sorrel Plantation/Cemetery

Laurie H. Bergeron (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 6:15AM GMT
FREDERIC SIGUR---WOULD THAT BE THE ONE MARRIED TO 3 PERRET SISTERS. HIS PARENTS ARE PIERRE FRANCOIS & EMILY PELLERIN. OR IT MAY BE HIS SON ALSO NAMED FREDERIC.

Re: Sorrel Plantation

Dee (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 3:52PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2012 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Sorrel, Quary
I am looking for Georgia Sorrel. This is the name used on her marraige certificate to Andrew Quary in 1884. Until we got a copy of the certificate, we believed her name to be Steele -- not sure how this happened. The record lists them both living in Arkansas.

Re: Sorrel Plantation & Cemetery

Posted: 28 Dec 2003 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Sorrel, Pellerin
Can you give me any info on Marryan Sorrel who was allegedly born about 1743 in Haiti according to the 1870 census. The census claims she was 127. She claimed to have come to America as a slave from Africa when 15. Her husband, also from Africa, was named Bernard and he died about 1854. Her daughter was Aquoi Pellerin, who was born about 1785-92 in St. Mary Parrish. She was the slave of the Pellerin family and afterward of Joseph Sorrel (brother of Martin Sorrel).

Posted: 9 Jul 2010 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: sorrel, pellerin
Hi,
I hope you are still there. I just came across your post of nearly seven years ago.
I have been trying to find info re Mary Ann Sorrel and her daughter Aquoi Pellerin. i beleive that i may be a descendant of Aquoi. Where did you get info on Mary ann , her husband and her daughter beyond the census?

Posted: 17 May 2011 3:28AM GMT
Hi

I search for the graves of Jacques Joseph Sorrel and his two nephews Solange and Martial Sorrel. Are all of them located on the same location? From my understanding, Jacques Joseph was buried on his farm near Baldwin.

Although I'm not related to the Sorrel family, I just received a package of copies of original court documents pertaining to this family. For this reason, my great great great grandfather was a next door neighbor of the Sorrel brothers' cousin in St. Nicolas de Macherin, Isere. Later he ended up immigrating to Louisiana also.

My French cousin has recently sent me some birth records for Solange, Martial, and their other siblings as well as a copy of Jacques Joseph's will from Isere.

Lastly, out of curiosity, I would like to know if Jacques Joseph had any children. Who is Joseph Sorrel Contamine?

In case you don't know, Princeton University has a collection of Sorrel correspondences. You can check it on-line.

Donald

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions