Search for content in message boards

CORMIER

Posted: 18 Oct 2004 12:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Mar 2012 9:38PM GMT
Hi! I am researching the Cormier family and any info would be welcome. My particular family is Valery Cormier from Lafayette Louisiana but they were also members in St Landry, Calcasieu, St Martin and others.
Thanks.

Virginia Tokarz

Re: CORMIER

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 8:59PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2012 9:32PM GMT
Hi Virginia,

First, thanks for posting the nice photographs to your Cormier family tree. I dowloaded and restored a couple of them, Mary B RODRIQUE and Henry "Aligator Art" CORMIER. I've attached copies for your possible use.

I am not descended from the Cormier line but my wife was previously married to John Andrew CORMIER Sr, first son of Henry Arthur CORMIER III and Mary B RODRIQUE and I am working on the Cormier line for my step-grandkids. To this end, I am looking for a photograph of their grandfather, John Andrew, CORMIER Sr. I will appreciated any assistance that you might give.

Warm regards,

Don Bomer...
Attachments:

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:06PM GMT
I'm a Cormier and not only is my dad a Cormier, but my mom actually has cormier on her side too (from 150 yrs back before anyone starts thinking incest lol).

You might want to do some research in Rayne/Crowley. The Rayne cemetery is full of Cormiers, and from what I'm told you can get records for the Acadia parish Cormiers from the record room in the basement of the Crowley court house. I know you aren't looking for them in Acadia parish but they all came from the same family in the mid 1700s so you might find your lead there. I'm in the process of finding the rest of my cormiers from both sides and seeing where they split and branched off.

Good luck!

Posted: 26 May 2012 12:33PM GMT
Since I live in Florida, it's not so easy for me to get there and do research in person, except when I travel to Louisiana every once in a while. If you find anything new, please let me know! Thanks!
Virginia Alonso-Tokarz
vatokarz@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic