Search for content in message boards

John Beard 1700-1780

John Beard 1700-1780

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beard, Rutherford, Bolling
Seeking information on JOHN BEARD and Elizabeth Beard who Peter Viemeister lists as "one of the earliest settlers of Brunswick/Lunenberg/Bedford." John Beard seems to be in Lunenberg County in 1726. In 1743 John Beard patented 400 acres in Lunenberg on upperside of Falling River including Reedy Creek adjoining Bollings land." (now Campbell County). In 1746 John Beard appears in several Court records--eg "to appraise estate of Edmund Smith, deceased" for Ann Smith. He was "appointed overseer of the road from Poplar Spring to his road at the head of Appomattox River..."

Particularly interested in finding marrieage record of John Beard and Elizabeth. [possibly Rutherford].

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Mike Beard

Re: John Beard 1700-1780

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 5:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beard, Smith
I have been interested in John Beard since the Beards and my ancestors, the Smiths, had quite a few dealings in Lunenburg and Bedford counties. I am a descendant of Anne/Ann and Edmond Smith. John and Adam Beard witnessed property transactions, assisted in Edmond's probate, then in 1772 Ann and her new husband William Hays sue a Beard et al. They had so many dealings I was wondering if they were related. I don't know what Anne's maiden name was and was wondering if it was possibly Beard. Do you have any information that would help me?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions